anyone else tired of high water

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by rodenberg, Jun 5, 2008.

1. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    Man am I tired of the rivers being up. Missouri is up and down grand is up and down this is getting old. I have only managed to fish on the rivers a couples time. I did have some luck a couple weeks ago landed a 35# blue and some smaller flats it was a fun time. just wish I could spend more time on the water without being washed away

2. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    I am sick of it as well. The Mississippi has been high quite a while. A look at the bright side though, I have saved a bundle in gas.:embarassed:

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    high water were its been up here for so long im thinking its going to stay that way good luck to u all on the high water

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Not only am I tired of the water beign high. I am sick and tired of it.

Tom

5. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    I can second that must have saved several hundered bucks already

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Heck no!! I love this high water. Man it could not of came at a better time. You just got to get out there and fish.

7. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I can't get to my spot,again.Water covered the ramp overnite.Sick of high water isn' t saying enough.Of course,for a while I griped over low water,too.Just wish for a happy medium.

8. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I love this high water. I've had an awesome year so far. In the last week a buddy and I have caught 2 blues that weighed about 20 lbs and a 25 lbs flat...all personal bests....you just gotta get out there and find em.

9. Missouricathunter25

Missouricathunter25 New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    yeah last week i had great luck but that is when the Platte River was falling. now its really high and the banks are muddy as he**! but i can't wait to get back fishing. Maybe i'll try Smithville Lake this weekend. The report said the Cats are biting good! i usally go to Plattsburg free ramp. Good Luck to All!!!:roll_eyes:

10. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    The reports are true,just got back-high and muddy but good bites

11. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    You can use that money to buy Diapers and formula. Congrats on the new Baby!

12. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    thanks duck, hopefully we can go tommorrow. sittin in this hospital gets old

13. Missouricathunter25

Missouricathunter25 New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    Man went to check my lines and some dang bass fisherman got his line caught on my trotline and cut it at Smithville. That makes me mad! anyone else tired of that? thanks:angry:

14. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    anyone notice there is a chance of rain everyday this week till Friday. I just watched the weather channel a few minutes ago and they expect IA and MO to get hit the hardest this week. Doesn't look like the river will be dropping much. Might be time to purchase some bowfishing equipment. If the river gets out it would be a good time to eradicate some asian carp.

15. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, here we go again. According to the weatherman this morning we are suppose to get widespread 3.5" tonight with locally heavier spots around. The Platte and 102 made it out of the banks yesterday. Things just don't seem to end.