Anyone Else Notice This?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CatFuStyle, Aug 13, 2008.

1. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    Some monter flats in it and last year no matter what size the bait was you would hook into one when they was biting, this year though, seems as if all cats in general are hitting smaller cut bait and live bait, anyone experienced this yet this year, its been like this all season long so far, i know this has been happening on the rivers as well from what ive heard reports on.

CatFuStyle

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    everything from fishing to this weather has been funny all year long

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Everything I have read or heard about this year indicates that fish are not following their normal patterns. Makes it kind of interesting I guess

4. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Must be a southern Ohio thing. Our river was 5 ft above normal until mid July and is now at normal summer levels. No problem with water temps either as it is still in the 70s and hasn't broken 80 yet. I have been catching flatheads every trip I go out. The only problem is with the channels, they seem to be on a summer long spawn. I am still catching channels loaded with eggs.

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i think you all up there have had more ran than us.

the weather has been crazy so far.like now,should be sweating buckets,its fairly mild and nice out right now,and the nights are darn chilly.makes me wonder whats gonna happen next month with the weather........:eek:oooh:

6. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah the weather here has been crazy. We sure aren't feeling much global warming:smile2: Some days it feels like fall. I personally have noticed that the fish seem a lot more picky this year. I don't know why but I have really had to mix up my baits to catch them everyday. And it isn't just the catfish, I have been catching Bass on really strange things like hotdog and corn. I have never caught bass on these things ever!

Matt, AKA DESODE

7. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I had to say this.The newest bass tourney name will be The Oscar Mayer Weenie Bass Tournament

8. slinky

slinky New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have noticed a change in the fish this year, Blues have been on live bait for me all year and in years past shad head has been the best bait for big blues, this year i have caught more flatheads with shad head then blues?

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I have noticed small bait in the summer months of june an july then slowly progresses in late August thru October the flats and channels are more overly active to larger baits.