Anyone else here have one of these?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Just wondering if I was the only "flower child" here that has one.......it's a beautiful night light for me and Riley.

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Now I know why you have bug out problems sometimes ( headaches). :big_smile:
    My eyes are too old to look at that all night. I do play with em in stores. The static elec. follows the hand. :cool2: :roll_eyes: :big_smile:

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Cheryl,
    Flower-child here ... present and accounted for :lol:
    Our son has a small glass globe that operates like that... when you touch it, the electricity follows your hand.
    I even got one of the girls a lava lamp years ago, so's I could admire the globs floating in surreal purple goo :embarassed: Gee, maybe it's time I get my own !! :cool2:
    That gizmo you've got must be supercharged, tho.. as bright as it is! Think I'd prefer muted tones of blue :wink: Very cool, either way... thanks for sharing :smile2:
    Carolyn

4. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I bought one of those for Halloween 2005. The kids love playing with it, but it's not that bright.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I don't have one of those but had, up until about six years ago, a chair that had lava lamps built into the front of the arm rest. I found it at a place in Dallas called the Attic that sells all that "retro stuff."

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    See JW, I'm not the only "flower child" here. :lol: :tounge_out:

7. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Okay who is going to be the first one to say something about being a blooming idiot? Not me, no sir not me.:cool2:

st

8. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    LOL... wish we had a picture of that! :lol:

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Let go Cheryl! LOL! Watchin a good lead base paint dry will have somewhat of the same effect. LOL!

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    How about asbestos tiles cracking? BG, you won't do........well maybe for your wife....:lol:

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks ST! It was a gift. I was the receiver of it. Still makes a great night light.

Take care.
    Cheryl

12. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Those things burn holes in your eye sockets. I still see spots from 15 years ago! Or is that from some sort of deficiency?

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The kids have one of the globe versions in their bedrooms. I used to have something like that years ago along with black light posters and incense and cool stuff like that.

14. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    YEH blacks lights, lava lights, strobe lights, incents, beaded curtains etc I had those. Pink Floyd playing in the back ground....... Ah back in the day.
    Bill

15. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Bill,

Sounds like you are an old hippie, too. :lol: My personal favorite with what you described above would have been Zeppelin or Joplin or OMG, I don't need to ramble.

Take care.
    Cheryl

16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Bought one for one of my smaller grandsons for Christmas. Things like that bring back a lot of memories!!

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Yes, it brings back ALOT of memories. Good ones of a happier time.

Take care.
    Cheryl

18. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    did you ever take a large garnent bag you used to get from the clearners and twist it all up tie knots in it set a pan of water under it and lite it?:big_smile: it sings drops balls of fire into the water."ohh look at the lights"LOL smokey

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

NOT ME! I know all about plastic and fire. That sounds more like a boy or man thing to me. :crazy: :lol:

20. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That sounds familiar! Day glow paint, lava lamps, scenes from Yellow Submarine painted on the ceiling, Janis Joplin, Led Zeppelin, Moby Grape, Bell Bottoms.....was I done? Far Out, Man!