Anyone else having this problem

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, Jun 13, 2006.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I went to the Ohio River on saturday night with a BOC brother..We got to the river at about 7:30 pm, and fished till about 6:30 am...First of all it rained for 10 straight hours, and was a little chilly, second the throttle cable on my boat broke, 3rd and the worst of all we fished for 11 hours and only caught 1 cat...caught a big snapper, and a stripper, but only one cat..The last few times i have been to the river i can hardy buy a bite, does everyone think they are spawning or what..Anyone else having problems hooking up or locating fish on the Ohio River right now??

2. dad

dad New Member

State:
    west virginia
    went to the ohio river last saturday fished from 5 in the moorning until 6 in the afternoon and caught 5 flatheads all small ones ., didnt catch any nice channel cats just small ones. i guess i am having the same luck

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    At least you got to set the hook on something...LOL

4. howardstern

howardstern New Member

State:
    Ohio
    there was a fish tour sat night. the "big fish" winner won with 4.14

HS

5. Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Was that on the OH river howard? Fishing must really be tough then. Has to be spawning. RiverKing: Im sorry, I do not have your problems on the Ohio river, I only catch hoggs there and on a regular basis.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have had horrible luck since mid april here in Ohio...I caught more cats in March than I have in april, may and untill now.

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    If its like here MONSOON and spawntime. They don't know what to do bite or bed.

8. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Boss hogg, The reason you only catch "hawgs" at the Ohio, is because you have a fishing guide, named "RIVERKING" that puts you on them..If it wasnt for his greatness, you would be catching bluegills at the park...AND YOU KNOW WHERE IM TALKING ABOUT.....LMAO

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have yet to catch a flathead in Ohio this year. In fact, other than catching a dink channel while baitfishing last week, I haven't caught a catfish period in nearly a month. This has been the crappiest fishing I can remember. Glad to see it's not just me.

10. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Hey man, Im with you, im REAL glad to see its not just me...LOL...hopefully it will get better

11. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have heard a couple reports that the bite is finally starting to pick up we will have to try it again here soon. P.S. Where the heck was that guide named RIVERKING when I was on the river. Ohh yeah I was helping him bail out the boat so it wouldn't sink LMAO.

12. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I haven't been able to get out much down here in Louisiana but when I have been out this mounth it hasn't been that good. Others have been catching a few but for me it has been bad

13. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What are you doing this weekend you want to try and hit it again?

14. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    im sure not having that problem ive caught personally best flats twice in the last month, they biting great on the gmr!

15. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah they have been bitin good on the GMR up until the last few days. I think they finally started spawning. Its going to get pretty slow the next couple weeks I would say. The last few fish I have caught where pretty scratched up so I would say the spawn has started.

16. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    This time of year the larger flatheads in the Ohio are starting to spawn making it very difficult to catch them. The smaller flatheads are still active and should be feeding before they start to spawn a couple of weeks after the bigger flats started. After the male bumps the female off the nest, sometimes you can catch the females in deeper water not far from the nest. Usually the bite will start picking up at the end of July and into the fall. Hope this helps some.

17. Zcat_izmine

Zcat_izmine New Member

State:
    ohio
    I thought i was doing somethin wrong, but its obvious that we, re all havin it bad.. ... its bound to get better..

18. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Guess I'm with you all looks as though the spawn is on sure hope fishing picks up soon other wise my honeydo list will get completed for the first time in recent memory lol