Anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by RebelMan, Jan 22, 2010.

1. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

All the rods I buy for catfishing MUST be white. Probably because of the bad experiences I had when I first started catfishing. The first rods I had were Ugly Stick Big Water rods that were BLACK. I would go catfishing at night and I couldnt see anything. So after that I will only use white rods, this will be this first year using a Berkley Glowstik. Cant wait to use that at night!

Attached Files:

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Sounds like a good plan!! Good Luck.

I use the clickers on my reels, and that's worked for me. I always seem to be doing something besides looking at my fishing poles, when a fish hits!! Like taking a nap, or something!

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Yep, like Snagged said, that's why you have clickers so you don't have to keep an constant eye on your rods. Without haveing to watch your rods like a hawk, you can take a nap, pass out, shoot the bull with you friends, or even go for a walk.

I love clickers.:kiss:

4. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

I do have some what of a clicker on my baitfeeders. I feel better being able to see my rods.

5. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    i just zip tie a glow stix at the tip of my rods and use a clicker that way i can see and hear if one hits. i just got three baitrunners so i'll see how they work, but on my other spinning reel would just leave the drag to about 1-2lb acts just like a clicker. oh and most of my rods are black, do have some white king katt rods but don't care for them for bank fishing there to soft can't throw 6 and bait. but you can see them better at night. tight lines justin

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I guess the color doesn't matter too much to me. I do have clickers on my reels, so I mostly depend on my hearing. However, I also enjoy watching my rods, especially if they are bouncing with live bait! Regardless, I enjoy watching my rods, so most of mine have a bit of reflective tape, just for grins. I also usually have my LED light on low throughout most of the night as I watch and anticipate the next bite.

Nice looking combos though!

7. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I also like having a clicker on my reels. I usually have a sand spike in the ground and my rod engaged and just wait for it to double over. But the clickers are nice if you want to take a snooze.

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't have a problem Adam. If I cant buy a white one I paint it. Just tape off the eyes and wrap and spray away! :glasses-cool:

9. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I am rigged up with strike sensors. The line minders are attached to my rod holders & I have a pager that I wear & when I get a hit it triggers the line holder on the line minder & sends a signal to the pager & I get a loud continus beep on the pager letting me know I have a bite. The beep continues 'till I turn it off. The tension on the trip lever is adjustable for current pressure. The bail of my reel stays open & the fish can run free until I stop him. The signal is good for up to 600 ft. Check out the pic.

[​IMG]

10. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Also got a tip from JiggerJim & have painted about two feet of the tip of my poles fluorescent green. The green shows up better than any color. When I saw his rods, I just had to do it!

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Adam thanks for sharing the pic of your reels/rods. You have a nice collection. I like using bait clickers and Wild Wolf glow sticks. Works for me.

12. River dog

River dog New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I have glow tips, and use bells to hear the strike. and thanks netmanjack I have a few rods i'm
    going to paint.:bye:

13. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Does anyone know of any glow in the dark paint for fishing rods that will glow for longer than 15 min? You could use straws to put on your rods so you don't have paint on the rod itself. Just paint the straws and put them on your rods. Cut a slit in the straw so you can get them around your rods. I read this somewhere but don't remember where.

Has anyone ever used this paint. It is expensive but if it works well it might be worth it.

http://glowinc.com/detail.aspx?ID=41

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  14. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner

I found the article and it explains how to do it. Using the paint on the link above.

http://glowinc.com/glow-in-the-dark/fishing-lures.aspx

15. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Mostly all my rods are black too.I go like Justin and Mickey with the glow stiks on the ends.Cheap and bright.I got pretty loud clickers on my flattin rods,but it don,t do mee much good cause my hearing aint worth shit.Don,t wear my hearing aid when I,m fishing.That,s why I like the ol lady along,she hears them and yells to me when I got a bite.I use some heavy duty rod holders too,that way the rods aint going nowhere anyhow.I,ve had fish spool me and they still hold the rods good,might miss the bite,but they save the gear!

16. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

I'm very jelious with your pager. It would be awesome for putting a rod at a far distance. Whats the range on that pager?

17. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

I dont want to do that. Because I would take the eyes off and not be able to put them back on. Or end up ruining the rod some how:laugh1:

18. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

I tried the bells a few times and lost them everytime. I would set the hook and the bells end up 30 feet behind me.

19. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    lol Don't take the eyes off, TAPE them off, meaning wrap tape around them and the thread so you keep your rod pretty, and a thin coat of white paint wont affect you rod either.:laugh1:

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you are really concerned about seeing them at night, just buy ya some Glowsticks off Wildwolf Products, and tape them along the rod, or use the connector and bracelet them on the rods. I personally just have alittle reflective tape on mine because I run bait clicker, and only want the tape so I can quickly look down the bank with a small light to see which rod is running, but them glowsticks work great, and even around big bobbers as well. Goodluck...rollo