Anyone else feeling crazy

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by chubbahead, May 11, 2006.

1. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's around 55 degrees, it's been raining all day (a cold rain), a lot through the night last night, and the rain is still stretching back til at least Illinois. What to do...What to do....F*#@ it, I'm going fishing after work.

I have to go. I haven't been in a couple of weeks and it is started to get to me. If I don't get to fish at least once a week, I tend to take it out on everyone around me. I start to lose my mind. Don't know why, but fishing cures all that.

I'm grabbing my frozen shad and heading for a skunking. Wish me luck. I'll need it. Oh yeah, I have had a bad cough for the last few days too, I'm sure I'll be all healed up tomorrow.

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    MAN YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND! i was just outside bringing in groceries and darn near got blown off my feet! last i checked we were getting 35+mph gusts! if you go fishing in this.....you da man!

3. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've been inside all day man. Didn't know about the gusts. I'm just going to have to deal. If I don't, I'll lose my mind and beat the pretty woman in my pic when I get home. (It's a joke, lighten up people, I don't condone the beating of women.)

4. bigcatch1

bigcatch1 New Member

State:
    ohio
    ya im going throught the same thing right about now im hear with ya!

5. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    ive fished in gust that hard it wasnt very fun but some how i got an nice channel cat so that made the day

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I feel crazy! But i also am off my meds! LOL!

7. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm back. The winds were strong, but the rain stayed off me. I fished from 5:30 til 7:45. At 5:45 I had three bites in about five minutes. I missed the first two, and then threw on a smaller piece of bait and caught the third. He was every bit of 1 pound. I didn't get another bite the rest of the night. I usually would have moved after a half hour with no bites, but getting that canoe through the wind was tough. Not one of my best days by any means, but I got out on the water, and now I'm back to being sane for a few more days.

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey Phil, I'll bet you that the catfish are bitting like crazy "right now" at you favorite spot!