Anyone else ever hook theirself?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Jacksmooth, May 29, 2009.

1. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I did this when I was 15. I was flyfishing for bass:roll_eyes: and got hooked up in some weeds. I commenced to yanking and the fly let loose. I couldnt find it for alittle bit:confused2: til I looked up and seen feathers. Thats when the pain set in!!:beat_brick: I said a few things I won't mention here!:eek:oooh: I tried to get it out myself but it wasnt coming. Doc got it out for me with some novacaine and a couple rubberbands and saved the fly.:smile2:

[​IMG]

2. willybob

willybob New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I some how managed to get a treble hook in my inner thigh. Very close to a certain spot and I for the life of me couldn't get it out. The only person I knew of that could help me was my mother-in-law. So I had to have her mash the barb down with a pair of neddlenose plairs and pull it out. That was a very uncomfortable experince for the both of us.

3. James Bentley

James Bentley New Member

State:
    N.C.
    My brotherin law caught me in the top of my head with with a rapla,buried 2 hooks deep,funny thing was it did nothurt that much until Doc took it out.:angry:

4. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    My son hooked my husband with a treble hook in the bend of his arm while trying to get things settled in the boat to leave cause of rain. No way could I get it out cause it was set deep. I had to take him to the ER cause it was late on a Sunday evening, no doc offices open. Theyhad to push it completely thru the skin, then they clipped the barbed end off and pulled it back thru. You could hear the skin pop when it broke thru. They told us if it had been over just a couple centimeters, it would have went thru a main blood vessel. So glad that is over with.

5. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    That novacaine shot hurt!!!!

6. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    when i was about 7 yrs old i was casting in the yard and i got hung in a bush i told my sister to go get it out i kept on jerking it and when she got close to the bush it let loose and the hook went up her nose dad came out and cut the line and took her to the hospital the local hospital couldnt get it out so they took about 40 miles away to another and they got it out they said it was barely stuck ill never forget this i got my fishin pole taken away and got my arse beat to hell and back man was my dad mad

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I had a fish on the bank and while I had my hand by his mouth he shook really hard, the hook came out and stuck me all the way through that piece of muscle between your thumb and pointer finger.

It was cold, at 2am in the morning, alone, and on my fight hand. The only thing I could do was cut the hook in half with needle nose pliers , then slip it out.

It wasn't easy cutting with me left hand shaking to death. I fished the rest of the night but I had to soak it on/off for two days to get it healing up good.

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ive had hooks in me several times but the one that hurt the most was when me my uncle and my cuzin was noodlin.when we noodle we tie a big hook on a cane pole and stick it under the rocks and holes in the bank and when one hits the hook or we feel it we jerk back on the pole.my cuzin stuck his hook all the way out the other side of the hole and socked the hook into the back of my leg.had to cut the pole in to and wade a mile to the truck to get to the hospital.

9. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    if your a true fisherman and have never hooked yourself i would grow rather suspicious of your fishing ability lol whatcha usin just thread for gar lol everyone gets hooked its part of the deal ya just gotta live with it my worst as of yet was 4points of 2 trebles went into my knee rather deep

10. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    C.L., I hooked myself the first time learning to flyfish, right through the top of my ear. had to go to the Doc also to get it out. Second time i got hooked in the calf with a treble. Way to far from the city so i cut it out with a pocket knife. Ouch, then I poured some alchohol on it to clean it up. Those two incidents were Bass fishing. Havent really been hooked yet catfishing. Im sure it will happen sometime.

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My fishing partner got me right between the eyes, with a fly.Are you starting to see a pattern here? Fly fishing is a hazard to your health.
    smokey

12. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My sister now has a pierced ear lobe, due to my son. Dont know if she still uses the hole for earrings, but it went clean thru, perfectly in the bottom of her lobe.

We were on a small dock, and my son never looked back (5 or 6 years old at the time), and I kept telling my sister she had better move down out of the way. Well I hear this scream, look over and see this plastic worm hanging from her ear. My son never looked back, but kept jerking and trying to get it loose, that was the funniest thing I ever saw :smile2:. After I got control of the rod, I cut the line, went to my truck and got a pair of wire cutters and cut the end off, and pulled it back thru.

My sister was screaming and hollering. I was laughing, after I got her calmed down, I said, "You sure look funny with only one ear pierced, you want me to get another hook, and do the other one?" She went to screaming, hollering and bawling again.

This is a true story.

13. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have been hooked so many times it ain't funny. I started teaching all my kids to fish by the time they could walk. My two biggest mistakes are standing anywhere nearer them when they are casting. Or letting them hold onto their pole while I rebait it for them. Even though at times it can be painful to take them fishing. I find the memories we make are more then worth a little pain.
    A little tip for fishing with kids. Before you even tie the hook onto thier line. Take a pair of pliers and smash the barb of the hook down. It makes removal of the hook a lot easier.

14. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    A kid fishing next to us one time caught me in the eyebrow with a jitterbug . His mother freeked out . I told her it was ok and cut the line went to the truck mirror and pushed it threw took a pair of wire cutters and cut the hook and pulled the rest out . The kid was crying and his parents really freeked out . I told them again it was ok and thank god it wasnt the eyeball and laughed it off . I gave the little guy a cold soda and a new lure and directed him toward his parents to fish ....lol .

Heck now days I would have to pay him for the brow peircing .....:smile2::smile2:

15. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    You know what sucks is when your behind someone and they load back to cast and hook ya and proceed to carry out the cast not knowing your hooked. Ive seen that once. It was like the guy said whoooooo whooooo whooooo and the kid let it rip. can ya feel the pain?

16. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Good thread CL, sounds like your not alone, bud!

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    yup got a thumb now that aint feelin to swell but we must fish.....Mobey is calling......here kitty kitty(LOL)

18. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Up until the dreaded day I was never hooked. My girlfriend and I were camping. I was restringing all my poles and rigging them up. I had just tied a 7/0 circle hook on and was pulling it tight to cinch up the knot, when it slipped out my hand. It caught my first finger and buried to the bone, curled around and came out under my fingernail. I looked at my girlfriend and said. uh-oh, I might be in trouble here. I pushed the hook away from the barb and turned it right out. we then went fishing all night and in the morning I was fishing with big chubs using a treble hook as a trailer. I caught a 5-6 pound channel and was trying to unhook the first hook. The fish shook and I dropped it. the treble hook buried in the the same finger opposite hand. It didnt come out so easy. I was so suprised how hard it was to get that small hook out compared to the big circle. I guess the circle left a much bigger entrance wound compared to the smaller hook. I drove home with both hands swollen up..

19. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I've hooked myself more than a few times. lol You can never appreciate how sharp a hook is until you get one stuck in you. lol

20. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Diffenetly not alone!!

Thanks for all the replys everyone!:smile2: Keepem coming!:smile2: