Anyone else catching Blues

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by CATFISHERMAN001, Jun 13, 2008.

1. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    We everyone, I went this past weekend and did a night fishing trip on Saturday. I took my brother and father in law. we were using live and dead bream some filleted and some whole. We caught 10 Blues weighing anywhere from abou 6lbs to 14lbs. Nothing real big but steady. My father in law (still learning to catch the big ones) missed 4, I missed 2, and my bother miss 5. The action was on and the bites were soft. Not typical to the hard strikes of the blues but we had a great trip. We were fishing in a range of 11ft. to 45ft of water and they were hitting everywhere.

Is anyone else having any luck with the blues?

2. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    James,

Where abouts are you fishing at? What body of water that is?!

Sounds lke you had a great trip.

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have been fishing a 10 acre pond here that was stocked with them 6 years ago to control gizzard shad. my biggest blue there is 15#, but this year it was a 7# so far. i am catching them on cut carp.

4. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    Well me and my wife went today and caught all the small blues we wanted and a few channels....nothing over 10lbs...never got the big bite we were looking for... I'll be glad when the bedding is all over with...

5. Zing

Zing New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have been a few times so far this month and it has been good some day and slow others. I have been out one evening and the bite was soft could not get them to load up on the circle hooks, we where using blue gills and cut bait.

6. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I''ve been catching some blues on the Coosa River, but only one really good fish. I'm going to try and get back up to the TN River in the next couple weeks and hopefully some of the big fish up there will be bitin'.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great trip! Where you fishing at. I will relocating to GA next year and just need to get familar with the good catfish "bodies of water", I can do the specific research........................................unless you want to PM me the honey holes!:wink: