Anyone else been sick recently?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmaster Jr., Jan 10, 2007.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Monday, right when I got to school I started feeling really bad. Had a headache, upset stomach, felt VERY weak. Then a little after lunch on Monday, it just got so bad I had to call someone to pick me up. When I got home, it turned out my dad was also sick with the same thing as me. From Monday night until this morning, I felt the worst I have in like 6-7 years. I got a lot of good medicine, and I think that's the only reason I finally feel good. But I'm almost sure it's the Flu, my grandma's a Nurse, and she said she thinks it is too. Now, I'm going to have a lot of school to make up too, and I've already missed a lot of days this year, all from being sick. I should have got the Flu shot instead of being so hardheaded and thinking I wouldn't get sick. I guess I brought it on myself.:eek:oooh:

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has been sick like this lately?

2. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    dang hope u get to feeling beter soon

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think there is also some type of stomach virus going around the country, eat ya some chicken soup and get well soon.

4. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Haven't had the flu this season. I got the shot for the first time. But I have had a stomach virus for 2 days. Vern(Vlparrish) had it first. I told him that he gave it to me and he said "I'm glad it's not me anymore". Now ain't that love.:confused2:

Get well soon, Zakk

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I haven't been sick lately, Knock-on-wood:smile2: But I hope you get to feelin' better soon:wink:

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks, like I said, I've been feeling better today. I really hope I can go to school tommorow, I definitely don't need to miss any more days!:confused2:

7. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    good luck on that zakk.. and hope u get to feeling better... blame it on the weather :)

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better Zakk, and I hope you get all your make-up work done without any problems. I know how that can be, when I was in HS I had strep throat twice a year, EVERY year :tounge_out:. I haven't had the FLU in twenty years now though (no shots), and I hope I NEVER get it again. You listen to nurse grandma, I'm sure she knows what's best :smile2:. I do know quite a few other folks around here who have been sick lately however, so you aren't alone.

9. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Little Brother;
    It's NO fun being sick, no matter how bad!!!:sad2:
    Get well, buckle down and by the end of school this year you will have caught up, even if it costs ya a few weekends at the books.:wink: :smile2: Take Care, Keep In Touch From Time To Time!
    Oh!, almost forgot! LISTEN to Your GRANDMOTHER too! Most nurses are better than most doctors when it comes to getting you well faster!! I speak from some "small" experience on that subject!!! Nuff Said!
    Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks Tanya and Ed. The semester ends next week, meaning exams next week. So it's like the worst time to be sick, with the exception of the actual days of exams that is. I'm missing important test review, hopefully I can get back on track tommorow though. Luckily I have two Band Classes, and only 2 main classes. Which are History and English.

11. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Hope you get to feeling better, Zakk. Do what I do when I get sick, rent all the great movies you can think of.... like hunting movies, fishing movies, and all the old classics, and just lay around and be sick. I think just about everybody I know has been sick. There has been 2 different bugs going around here. Luckily, my daughter got 'em both at the same time.:roll_eyes: She was a sick little girl. Bad deal. I'm congested and I've felt like I was getting the flu a few times, but I've been able to fight it off. I hope I don't get that crap, it stinks.

Oh yeah, I've gottena flu shot before, and about a week later I got the full-bore FLU!!! So, don't be thinkin' that the shot is a cure-all. I ain't getting the shot again, that's for sure.

Jerrod

12. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    Glad to hear your feeling better Zakk .Me and my wife had it too.So I know how you felt.

13. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    My 2 year old son had the stomach virus this week also. It is so heartbreaking to see your kid sick like that. He's getting better now. Something is definitely going around. Take care Zakk, I hope you get better.

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Zakk, glad to hear you're feeling better. That is a bad time to be sick. But not ever a good time to have the flu.

We've been lucky, never had a the flu but been taking the flu shots for the last 25 years or longer.

Good luck with those test! :smile2:

15. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Very glad to hear you're feelin better, Zakk!

We just had a touch of the stomach bug here, but didn't last long, thankfully. Hey, yanno usually how your stomach kinda shrinks up after bein sick and not eating much... well, those powdered milk shake thingies, like Carnation Instant Breakfast, is a good way to get loads of vitamins and rebuild energy until you can sit down again to a full meal.

Best wishes on your exams... try not to stress on it and you'll do alot better. Thinkin of you :smile2:

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks everyone, I felt pretty bad when I woke up, but I went to school anyway, and now I feel really bad again. Throat is the soarest it has been in a long time.

Hope, I drink Carnation Instant Breakfast every morning, I really like the stuff, it also is good to mix with coffee before a long fishing trip.

17. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Zakk, so sorry you're feelin worse... prolly shoulda stayed home today.

Can you see in your throat whether there are any white spots? Might be strep?

Prayin you'll get better real soon.

18. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, it was probably kind of stupid to go today. I will get my grandma to look in my throat, she did it yesterday and didn't see anything, she said my tonsils were a little swollen though.

Thanks.

19. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    yeh l thinki'm gettin an upper respiratory infection