Anyone doing any good??

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kycatman01, Oct 25, 2009.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Just wondering who all has got deer. I have passed a few but haven't got any, yet. Also, a friend of mine got a spike and a doe..

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Not I yet ! Brandon killed 1 in owen co. during muzzleloader season .

3. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Our rifle season starts Saturday. We're going to spend opening week at our deer camp. I sure hope I get to post on this thread again......with a photo!!:wink:

4. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    3 pt but missed a big one but dont we all :angry::big_smile:

5. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    my youngest son camron who is 10, killed his first buck last week hope to post a pic soon and been archery hunting just been seeing small bucks my neighbor killed a 170" 10 point,good luck to everyone this fall

6. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Killed 2 does.1 on the 4th of oct and 1 on the 11th both where in the evening.first 1 was 20-22 yards and the other ws right at 40 yards.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats Shane. Been seeing many bucks?

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    In my location of Nebraska, we've been experiencing very wet conditions. I been bowhunting only 3 times so far. 1st outting I saw 3 Mature Does and 1 yearling. Got drawn on a Mature doe and go busted. 4 sets of eyes looking at you. LOL!!

2nd time the same group came in, but no shot opportunity.
    3rd time seen 4 Mule Deer does, but no shot opportunity.

Thinking there's very minimal deer movement, because of the LULL period before the rut and because of alot of standing corn too.

Many guys are have poor luck right now. Hoping for dry conditions so the farmers can get the crops harvested!!

Heard from some guys using trail cams, that most of the deer movemnt has been between the hours of 2-4 am. in the morning. :confused2:Still dark!!

LOL!

Invested in a trail cam today and going to try a little research myself.
    Bought a Cuddeback 3.0 Capture, hoping it works. Good testimonials on it.

9. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Been having good luck this week. Its antlerless muzzleloader here thru saturday. Killed 3 does in the last three nights. Couple of small ones, but meat is meat (those 50 pounders are tender also), and it helps control the population - keeping the farmer and my stomach happy. Been lots of deer in the field, but a lot of them are staying too far for me to comfortably shoot.
    Heck, they're sticking around even after you shoot. I shot at the one last night and somehow missed (i think its time to switch to a scope, cause its getting harder to see the sights). It runs across the field, stops and looks around, then starts meandering back to the same spot, where i nailed it this time. I'm thinking the propane cannon in the field during the summer might have something to do with it though.:roll_eyes:

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I may have some news for you tomorrow. Muzzle Loader season opens tomorrow. I'm hunting on my friends farm where I almost always get a deer. I've been getting my gear together for the last hour. I'm all set to go.:wink:

11. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Been so wet they cant get the corn out. Huntings goan be tough for me till they do being I hunt farm land. Seen some good ones just not in bow range yet. Darn deer are burrowed into the corn bad this year.

12. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Billie; Good luck tomorrow, well, I guess it is today now. :wink:

13. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Earl I just saw your avatar tell me its not so :eek:oooh: :beat_plaster: :embarassed:
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nefew got a 130 class buck and my oldest boy dropped a nice doe in the evnen. Hope weather holds good for sunday so the boys can drop 2 to 3 more and fill out all the tags they bought.

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Your on a roll with the kids. Good luck and a congrats to your son also.

16. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
  17. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Well I sat in the rain all day but didn't see the buck I wanted. I wound up with 2 fat does.

18. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Hunted 2 day BP season with no luck got stands in place for up coming rile season. with al the leaves that have just fallen It's a shot in the dark as to what trails they're useing . I figure the same one they usually use though. That's one of the pluses of hunting in oak timber in the mountains.

19. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well we wrapped up a heck of a good weekend, one ten point the nephew got, my oldest boy sat even with a nice fat doe, And my youngest -- we was getting worried had a buck bust us and 5 does blitz us sun morn, Gto a nice button buck sun even. Now for the butchering monday and bring on the processeing of deer for steaks, brauts and burger.

20. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Rattled a 4 pointer in twice but other than that no.i've got a few on the game cams but all are middle of night and early am before dawn.