Anyone doing any fishing next few days?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Nov 21, 2007.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    With "turkey week" upon us, wondering if anyone is going to take advantage of this great California weather and wet a line? I am going to for sure:wink:

2. Ecfool

Ecfool New Member

State:
    California
    wish I could but got a 2 day open comp dirt track stock car race to promote and make sure it runs ok. dang race track promoting has really been cutting into my fishing time this year.

3. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Good morning daystarchis Rob. Yes I have been fishing the Duct up my way. I fished three days last week and never got a bite, and I mean I fished for over 6 hours every time I went out , with Chicken liver, but I finely figured them out yesterday yesterday I fished over top of a six foot fence on the up stream side of one of the siphons and let my line go down under the siphon and that is where they go during the day, I finally caught two after I started fishing their. that is some rough fishing but at least I caught something. My arms looked like a wild cat had got hold of them when I came in last night, from the chain link fence. I have to figure out a better way of fishing over that fence, you sure would not want to fall in that siphon. By the way what is that bait you use for cat up your way. Hey bud hope you and the family have a very happy Thanksgiving

4. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Hey Phil, good to hear you're getting out there to fish. I have been to the duct out by Palmdale a couple of time since I last fished with you but got no luck. People tell me thats a really good area for stripers but I don't think I'm getting there early enough.
    Any way, give me a shout one of these days before you are heading out and I'll try to come join you.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Howdy back at ya catfish slick......We'll recuperating from all the food. I cooked a nice 18# turkey. Cook it in the bag. Inject it with some marinade I had cooking for a day. A lot of spices from my garden. Stuffed that thang. Made 3 pumpkin (1 sugar free), 2 pecan (one special with molasses), a cookies and cream pie(sugar free), some candy yams and some candied carmel sweet potatoes, fresh green bean and snow peas (from garden), mash garlic cream mash taters, greens (turnip and spinch) drizzled with bacon fat and bits of bacon, corn on cob, brussel sprots in garlic butter.
    Let me tell you, we ate and ate.......:crazy:
    Gonna get out tomorrow and do some fishing for sure. Was out in my garden this morning around 8:30am and it was cold, see what the fishing will be like.:0a18:

6. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Rob, that Table you set for thanksgiving sounded good, If your wife ever runs you off and you need a room mate. I hope you remember me. Ha ha. that sounds like my kind of food. My wife is on the mend after a surgery, so we had a light thanksgiving meal but hopefully we can make up for it at christmas, she is a great cook. Her surgery has kind of put a damper on my fishing for a while, but I have been slipping out to the duct and doing some fishing. I Still plan on coming up and fishing with you sometime. I was just wondering what the name of that cat fish bait you use, all I have been using hear is chicken liver and they are getting so they don't care for it. i would like to get up your way and meet some of the guy's from the B.O.C. that you fish with they sound like a great bunch. plumber-tom, Came up and fished with me one day but it happened to be a bad fishing day as we never caught fish,but he plans on coming back to give it another go. I enjoy reading all the posts from up your way, it seams that I know everyone up that way and I have not met any of them yet ,But may be someday. Rob You have a great day and don't catch all them fish before I get to come up their.
    catfish slick

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good to hear your wife is mending. I tell you, I fish the duct and have had minimal success. I fish a spot ona bridge ove the duct. park my car and fish from the seat....lol:wink: This way the bit stay in the middle. Anywho....had to rig a net to bring the fish up:smile2: It works like a champ though.

This is the special thing about BOC. It has a different atmosphere then other sites...We'll there is a nor cal site that is mostly north cal members They are real rood folks. Heck,there are a few on here and I fished with several. but other that that club, there are no others. Good folks on here. Just like family. I know we will wet a line and chew the S%$T.....