Anyone do any good this weekend?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by KatfishKyle, Aug 24, 2008.

1. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    I didnt get out, 2nd weekend in a row!!. We put on a corn roast and keg party Sat. night so thats why i didnt get out. Next weekend I do belive I will be at SaltFork maybe Sat and Sun night. Anyone do any good this weekend??

2. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    went to the hocking had 3 runs hooked 1 but had a poor hook set and lost him felt like a decent fish 10 lbs or so

3. sgt_132

sgt_132 New Member

State:
    N-W Ohio
    Went to Grand Rapids last night, fished below the damn. Caught 2 flats and 2 channels using blue gills in 6 hrs. flats were 6 & 8 lbs. Man we need some rain. Bad. Good luck to you.

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    my weekend is starting.......now

eating getting changed,the heading to deer creek,see if i can get into something

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    We had a great tournament at Springfield Lake. The full results will be posted soon, but 29 teams showed up and 17 caught their 6-fish limit. 121 total channels weighing 343 pounds were weighed.

6. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Impressive catch Jeff!

7. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, Sat night I got skunked, Then Sunday , I caught a little Flat, a couple nice smaillies and 5 Channels that were between 22 to 28 inchs on big shiners and chubs. I tried to use circle hooks for the first time but I just couldn't get used to them , so I went back to kahles. Maybe the circle hook was two big for the fish that were bitting but I couldn't get them hooked Sat night, it was a very frustrating evening. The Gar where thieveing it up more then average this weekend. Words can't describe how much hate I have for that fish !
    I might go out this evening for a few hrs.
    Matt, AKA DESODE

Attached Files:

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    thats a pretty smallie.

i was only out a couple of hours last night.didn't do no good.i was hoping that little bit of rain would have helped,but,it didn't.not for me any way lol

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on getting out on the water fellas, I will be out soon, counting the days!!

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Pretty nice smallie there! Thinking about going out this evening on the muskingum maybe the flats are ready for some line action he hee!

11. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Fished Deer Creek a little downstream from the spillway friday night. Got there around 8:45 and fished till around 1 am. Fished for channels with cut shad & chicken and beef liver. Got just a few nibbles until around midnight when they started hitting a little harder. Couldn't pull anything in except a 6 lb or so Carp that hit on my 8 year old stepson's chicken liver. The kid's eyes got pretty wide when he felt the pull on his little spincaster and he handed me the rod. That was all we caught.
    Saturday night fished with SmoothKip25 for Flats or whatever would bite. Had planned to fish the Scioto below the dam but someone else got to the spot i had scouted earlier in the day before we did. So we fished at Griggs reservoir upstream from the dam instead. Kip had a few decent runs that just stopped like whatever was hitting those big gills was a phantom.
    We were there around 6 hours with only 1 small channel to show for it.
    Glad we got some rain last night. The bite can only improve now ( I HOPE!). I guess i'm a glutton for catfish punishment cuz i'm itching to get back out there already. Good luck all!

12. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I'm sure this rain will help along with the cooler water. Hopefully with the temperature down somewhat, therefore the cats I am anticipating will be biting!

13. buckeyecat

buckeyecat New Member

State:
    ohio
    I went out this weekend and caught a 12 lb Flat.
    Had a few other runs, but nothing stayed on

14. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Nice catch there buckeyecat!