Anyone crappie fishing?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by quadrunner42029, Oct 21, 2009.

1. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    anyone been doing any crappie fishing yet? (badin,tillery,blewit region) since its cooling wondering if the bite has started again. id really like to have a freezer full but with working all the time trying to figure out when be a good time go or where, ready to do some trolling.

2. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Not yet , when I do , I will likely do so at Tamarac or any of those spots between High Rock and Tillery. I've heard good things regarding the crappie in those places.

3. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    A friend of mine that only crappie fishes went last sat. morn to blewett falls. Using jigs caught 11 keepers. The water temp. is dropping so they should be bittin.

4. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    they are wearing them out in Jordon. friend has been going and limiting on some slabs.

5. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    They've been biting pretty good at Falls Lake in Raleigh the last couple of weeks. I'm sure this rain will turn 'em off though. It's been raining here for two days. Fall's has risen about two feet and Kerr Lake has come up about four feet.

6. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    For a city park, Kernersville Lake Park had some nice crappie biting before it closed down for the year. I've been looking for some in Belew's but, I don't have a boat to get to the good spots. I've heard that they're biting good at Salem Lake though!