anyone coming down

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by russ, May 6, 2008.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    anyone from the gateway comming to new madrid to fish in the king kat tourney at the end of the month. this place is unreal on tourney weekend. the hole town comes out, alot of things four the hole family. kids fish tourney, more food than nancy boy could eat in a life time ( week ) its a real good time for e1. think they have skeet shooting for the kids , bow & arrow. il find out this week what all they have planned for this yrs. tourney.

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    That sounds like a great time Russ, I hope to be able to make it down for that one. How are the river conditions doing down that way?

3. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    its still high but under flood stage, its on a stand right now but should start down this week. i know they are getting some nice fish from the bank. i havent been out but i could fish it now without any trouble.

4. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    If i can get my boat back together by then i might make it.

5. kappandra

kappandra New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Is that Memorial Day weekend or the weekend after?

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Its on the 31st Kappy. I cant make it Russ. My nieces' graduation party to go to. Family has to come first. I guess.

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm off and planning on attending the Cabelas New Madrid Event. Russ is correct, the entire town shows up for this event. Its Crazyyyyyyy. They have a fish fry the night before. Its a great time. I hope the River stays its course. Alot of water coming that way over the course of the remainder of this week. Hope to see you all soon down there.

8. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Guys, if theres one tournament you need to make this year, its this one. Some of the things planned are a skeet shoot, archery shoot, kids fishing derby, bbq, car and bike show, and a big fish fry on friday night to start it all off. Like's been said already, the whole town comes out and its a ton of fun, definetely something good to bring the whole family to see.

I won't be fishing the tournament due to "budgeting issues":embarassed:, but I'm taking my little boy to the levee on saturday to watch the weigh-in. Hope to see a lot of you there. If anybody needs directions, has trouble finding lodging, or has any other issues, feel free to pm me and I'll do what I can to help you. I know a lot of people locally and in surrounding towns who are more than willing to work with those fishing in the tournament.

Good Luck.