Anyone catfishing salimonie?

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by BIGCAT DADDY 71, May 5, 2006.

1. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thinking about catfishing salimonie sunday, in my boat. anyone been fishing there for cats? any luck?

2. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    didnt get to go sunday, a buddy and i are going early friday morning and are going to catfish and try alittle crappie fishing. just wondered if anyone fishing there recently, any good? if we get the rain there saying, the cats should be moving. this will be my first trip up there this year, hope to get into some nice cats.

3. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm hoping to make it there soon. Hopefully to test out my "new" boat. Still praying that my old motor will work.

4. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    fishgeek, i hope your old motor runs good for you. been out catching nightcrawler and it nasty out there. a buddy of mine will be here in a few hours to head up to salaimonie to fish the whole day. we sett day up awhile back to arrange work day off, hope all the rain turned on the cats. i've got a boat/motor and put a fishfinder on it in the spring, cant wait to see what the old spots that i've hooked alot of cats in, looks like. never used one on salaimonie, but i loved it this spring down south on vacation. i'll always use one from now on and i hope it finds us the cats today. i'll post here late today on how it went.

5. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    yeah, please post up how it went. I might head up there next week.

6. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    it was a nasty day on the lake, did catch a limit of small crappie for cut bait to freeze for this summer. 1 channel cat that was it. did get out alittle to look around with my depthfinder. whole new ball game with one of those. we didnt see another boat all day. looked at the mississinewa river as i crossed it in marion. it was mean looking, l mite fish the bank since i have some private ground where theres a channel that leaves the main river and when it floods the cats go back into it, got bait need cats. but this cool weather it might be the same as today.

7. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Caught one 1 1/2' channel at spillway last Sunday. Four days of rain and four more in the forcast. Not sure if fishing will be any good or not.

8. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome mike, glad to have you on board,

9. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Mike, welcome to the B.O.C.

BIGCAT GarryEads:big_smile:

10. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    wecolme mike to the boc, great site with alot of info.

11. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Mike, the Indiana chapter is growing everyday.

12. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks to all for the welcome. This whole site is awesome. Wish the rain would stop :sad2:

13. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Are the farmers "out wishing us catfisherman about the rain" . If they need it then let it rain ,, If not then we ahould all put our wishes together along with the race car drivers.
    Rain , rain go away

please come back an a work day.

:0a23:

14. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    i know that we are ready for the rain to quit so we can get back out and finish up with beans. only have 500 acres left and we can do that in 2 days. we would have been done by now. but i guess the good thing is is that i get to go fishing on the rainy days

15. n1856924

n1856924 New Member

State:
    indiana
    when me and BIGCAT DADDY 71 to salimonie it was a nasty day but we came perpared for the weather. i had a fun time it got me away from my usual wash rinse repeat of a life. i know we will be on the water soon scott...

16. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    your right brother, wont be long until were jerking some jaws. i'am heading toward salaimonie in a hour, to bad you had to work. looks like its going to be nice day. hope i can finds some cats or big crappie today. i got the camara, hope i get to use it. i'll post how i did.

17. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    caught 1 nice blue around 9 pounds, was getting into some nice sized crappie and had to get the boat off the water because of lighting. cats was slow for me the few hours i did get to fish.

18. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    think i'll head up to salaimonie today after my boys baseball game, he's 6 and wants to go get him his first cat of the year. i hope there moving alittle in the evening. he dont like being on the water to much at night yet. when i was there the other day, found a spot where i was catching some nice crappie before the storm run me off the water. hopely the bigger crappie are biting. i'll post how we did, tonight.

19. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    had a great day with the wife and kids on the lake, not to good on the fishing, but have'n that 6 and 5 year old kids on the lake and showing them how dad cut bait and the big ball of nightcrawlers i put on my hooks, made my day. dad thats a whole crappie, yes it will bring us a big boy. he knows, i got to hook one and he'll never forget.he see the pitures of the big ones i've hooked 'but its not there until we do it.

20. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    heading up to salaimonie, n1856924 a good friend of mine is on his way to my house. hope this time after the storms we can hook a few big boys. went got some great bait, hit it before all the poeple roll in for the holiday weekend. i'am do for some good kitty fishing. fish on, bro's.