Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,222 Posts
Sure hope next year works out Jay. My freezer is empty again. Local bait shop stocks frozen skips, but they're quite proud of them. This past river trip cost me $80 in skips. And I ended up catching the 58lber on a shad...

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,222 Posts
By the way, I did see some guys catching small skips behind Cannelton dam. They were throwing out a bobber rig, but I couldn't see what bait was under the bobber. They were fishing the current behind the open gates.

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,338 Posts
By the way, I did see some guys catching small skips behind Cannelton dam. They were throwing out a bobber rig, but I couldn't see what bait was under the bobber. They were fishing the current behind the open gates.
Eric,
Were you close enough to see if they were for sure skips, could they have been mooneye?
Crickets set about 3-4 feet below a float is what we used to use to catch mooneye in the aerated water at the power station discharge shoot at Tanners Creek.

...W

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,222 Posts
Hard to say Winston. We were far enough that we could see they were catching slender silver fish, but couldn't really tell if they were mooneye or skips. But they were casting directly into the turbulent water so maybe that's what they were catching. I've never seen anyone use a bobber for skips so that makes sense. Thanks for making me aware of the mooneye option

1 - 15 of 15 Posts