Anyone Catching Catfish in Central Texas?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by GMC FishHauler, Sep 28, 2007.

1. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I see lots of reports for some other bigger lakes in North and South Texas but no reports comin from central texas.
    I have not been able to go fishing last couple weeks due to National Guard stuff, but have heard of some people doing great around Waco.

C'mon guys, if ur doin good, share the info.

2. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    I was still in Central Texas friday night James but further south than you'd like. I went to Bastrop again with my daughter and nephew met up with my wife's cousin Glen there. Second trip to that lake its full of eater size channels. I was more the bait and take off the line guy although these kids aren't young just easier for me to do. We caught 11. Course they missed plenty. Glen showed up about 1 1/2 later and put 8 in the boat. Last week Glen and I caught 21. These are only 3 hour or less on the water trips.

3. GMC FishHauler

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Im glad that you did some good there. I've always wanted to fish there but did not know if there was any fish or where to go.
    I go down there alot to shoot and i stay only 5 miles away from the lake. None of my buddys have been catching anything to speak of lately. I have not been able to go because i have been fixin fence for the last month.
    Today is my last day of fencing and i will be fishin some next weekend. Just in time for the good October fishing.Hopefully some other folks are having some luck and post on here or are not haveing luck and will post anyway.

4. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    I know it is not central Texas,But me and 2 friends went to Cedar Creek and brought home 47 blues up to 15 lbs ,Drifting shad at the Dam in about 3 1/2 hours.(sept. 27).It was alot of fun.

5. marco88

marco88 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'll be in Waco in a couple of weeks and would love to hear of any good spots to try out since I have not fished the area in quite a while. I always keep some dk punch bait and a med. action rod in my truck just in case I come across a good looking spot.

6. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    Have you seen the new Central Texas Acats section? Check it out if you have any qestions just let me know I will help in any way I can.

7. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    Stopped by a friends house Tuesday evening and they were cleaning fish. They caught 34 mostly Blues on Inks Lake. Largest was about 3 1/2. They had a good catch about a week ago. September was Slim pickens for some reason. This is from a guy that seldom misses.

8. turkey buzzard

turkey buzzard New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg,Texas
    Went to OH Ivie just for a Friday and Saturday morning. We set out 30 Jug lines and caught 205 lbs of catfish Saturday Morning. The biggest fish was 25 pounds(blue cat). Lots of Channel Cats in the 5 to 7 pound range. Several Channels had stunted bodies, big heads and small bodies. Friday night, fishing under lights we caught 30 white bass, 3 were keepers. We also caught 15 nice sized crappie.

9. GMC FishHauler

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Did u fish with the Mr Whisker's Guide Service there?
    I'm from Santa Anna originally so i like to fish Ivie.

10. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Glad to see JedT did good on Bastrop, I'm not too far from there, actually lived on the North Shore a long time ago, parents ran the bait stand there (late 70's).