Anyone Catching Catfish Close To The Indy Area

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Apr 5, 2008.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have been out twice and not caught anything but bait... Any of you other Guys close to Indy catching any yet?

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My wife and I had this years first contest today with special needs kids at my lake here in mooresville. Altogether the kids caught (2 ) 5 lb. blues & 5 channels and a small 10 pound flat with minnows and a walleye on a worm. They all fished the deep end on the bottom @ about 20 or so feet deep off the dam. I caught a 30#+ flat and some crappies with a jig in the shallow @ about 6or8'. It was kinda nippy outside to I thought. btw, In my "lake" flats tear-up slow movin' crappie jigs this time of year.... much to the delight of the ultralight fisherman dudes, lol.

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    2 small channels today on minnows and a missed pole bending hit- fishing with a hand sized sunfish (my boyz caught 13 bass and 1 huge crappie w/tube baits)
    as a general rule, fish bite here then they bite at the river... hard to catch here, then hard to catch at the river- almost never fails.
    If I fish hard to catch my bait for the nights flathead outing then it's almost always a suck night of fishing.... easy to catch bait = a good night of catfishing.

4. shadgut

shadgut New Member

State:
    camby, indiana
    Put in at hendersonford ramp on the white river yesterday, got excited because i threw my cast net and caught bait right away. Fished deep holes, fished shallow, fished creek mouths, fished fast water and slow water, did not even get a bite.

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Shane,
    I fished the White north of Indy on Sunday and the channels were in the slack water out of the current. Biggest was only 6lbs but it was good to out...W

6. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    bass are tearing up slow moving baits that are green. havent made it out to catch any cats this year yet ... river too high here right now.

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yep they sure are... Caught a small flathead today... swallowed a gill and was gut hooked... I hate that.

8. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It seems like everything is starting to wake up around here. Hopefully the bite is going to be good all year.

9. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    Last friday night fish a lake wish it was the river. But i caught a 13.9 channel and a 10.5 and 4 8lbs. good night for me caught on cut gills and cut creek chubs. I fished the channels 20 ft.

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Those are a nice buncha channels...

11. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    thanks i won a touney with them cats they were biggins for channels really lighty bit felt like a big bass bite. Ever firday night at giest there is a cat tourney 7 to 12 midnight 35 a boat 3 fish 1 had 34.7 totle wight.

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I swear I was gonna say "sounds like you were fish at giest" LOL
    I KNEW I shoulda said that> I'd like to get into that this summer @ gueist a time or 10!

13. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I live in Camby and have lived in the Martinsville Mooresville area my whole life and dont know where a single lake is in the Mooresville area that has Blues,Channels, Flats,Waleye and Crappie...NO OFFENCE, But I think you are telling some tales there my friend.. Is this Public or Private?

14. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    That answers that..... Well it makes for a good story at least.....

15. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    You guys have got to keep me in the fishing loop for the next 3 weeks. I'm still up at school and won't be home until May 2nd, which means I won't be wetting any lines anytime soon :sad2:. Keep the posts coming brothers!

16. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    we will be sure to let you know how they are biting

17. gdog bigcat

gdog bigcat Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Shadgut-- I've always been afraid to throw my cast nets in the White, thinking they'd snag up. But you net shad around Henderson Ford ramp? Lose many nets?

18. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It's private.... MINE! I built it and I stocked it myself with bass, crappie, blues, flats, channels and walleyes... I even put some smallies in some years ago but havent caught one (probaby flathead food) It's about 3 acres I guess.(pond) I also have a small pond I built into a creek last year, it should stock itself over time I suppose (especially with carp LOL)
    I'm not offended, you have no clue who I am. If You wanna fish it- your welcome to... I'd like that> let me know, and I'll pm you my phone#.:wink:

19. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I will have to come out and try it then....

20. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You've got a PM....