Anyone catching anything ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by catfisherman369, Jun 15, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Went out a few times over the weekend and caught a few small ones . Went out today and didnt see a bite . I am starting to think my local fishing hole has crapped out lol . Anyone having this problem ?

2. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey, it is the same way over here, caught three ""Micro Mini"" Channel Cat:smile2:
    last Saturday, fished in the river for 8 hours and not a bite, then went over to a relief off the Black River, the current was not as bad there.

Maybe it will get better soon, I guess they will finaly give up trying to Spawn in this messed up flood we are haveing

good luck

cliff

3. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Went to nearby lake after work this morning and caught 2 'dinner by themselves' channels followed in close succession by those infernal bullheads. :angry:

4. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    I went to the confluence park off of Rt. 3 friday stayed from about 9-5 (i didnt know they the park closes the back gate so early but i guess you could hike it down there). All i caught was a big ugly blue drum on some skip. But i did get to see this guy who had no idea what he was doing catch a 25Lb blue on sheer dumb luck "i about pi$$ed myself when he started screamin for help. I couldent help but laugh the whole time i was tryin to show him how to work the drag with the big boy on the end of the line pullin this lil guy all over the place. But it was fun for both of us. Gordon Moore it HOTT right now they just stocked it on june 6 with channels and sunfish, i quit counting after about an hour but it was fast and fun action. I think they stocked it with yearlings cause all of the fish were text book green to silver with spots. But we did end up takin home 6 that were over 3 lbs.

5. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I believe it's going around. I have been out the last 2 weeks with very little if any luck. Even at the Rend Gathering (a lake that I usually do very well on) the winning fish in our little big fish contest was a whopping 2.2 pounds. Guess we just need to be patient and let the fish come back to us. I hope its soon cause I have a family reunion coming up in less than a month, along with a huge birthday bash........

6. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Man you know things are bad when you cant even catch some at rend, its been all hit and miss all over lou yager, glen shoals staunton and both gilllispie lakes the only place i know i'll get some action right now is my small lil park spot.

7. bigmuddy cruiser

bigmuddy cruiser New Member

State:
    il.
    weve been doin pretty well on sonnys on the bigmuddy, flats came 2 a screamin halt though:sad2: the channels r fun while waiting on the big bite

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I am finding the fish bite to be very, very slow and hard fishing. It is acting like it is the dog days of summer already! It is 2 months early before it totally SUCKS!

9. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Hey, I think that at Rend the other night we had 18 fishing and there was 4 fish caught from 7 PM till 11 PM . That's how bad it was.:eek:oooh:

BIGCAT GarryEads

10. Human Resources 31

Human Resources 31 New Member

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    I caught 8 on sonny's regular stink bait. I find those worms are a pain in the ass when they swallow them lol. I use a liter with a slip sinker etc. Lots of asian carp jumping very annoying. That's a big concern they keep breeding we might be in trouble in lots of waterways. The goverment better step in soon. Lots of skiers,fisherman are getting injured from these fish jumping 8 to 10 feet in the air.

:angry:

11. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bank fishing around the dam here in Alton has been very, very slow. I have caught 3 or 4 very small 3-4lb blues the last 3 times out. I will wait till they move in from the channel.

12. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have been having good luck around here in Wayne county at sam dale lake. Wej ust got home about 2 hours ago and had our 6 fish limit (smallest was 1 to 1 1/2 lb and bigest was like 4 lbs. Alot of the other fishermen there say they have been slow too. We had an off day last week and only came home with 8 fish for 2 people fishing, but I still call that a good day.

13. lookinfurabiggun

lookinfurabiggun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    yep same way here, had a fishin tourney last saturday and caught 4 total fish weighing a wopping 18lbs. the tournament results were about half as good as last month. Went last night and caught only a couple. I hope it gets better soon.

14. big riggin' younggun

big riggin' younggun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    its come to my attention that the c.fishing sucks everywhere.

15. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    Biting good at Pittsfield Lake, Chicken livers, won't touch nothin' else. Caught 14 wed. evening in a couple hours. 2-4 pounders. 1 might have gone 6. My brother in law and a friend of his have been doing well on the Miss. stink bait. He said they caught 40 wed. evening nothin' over 2 lbs. tho.

16. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Went out today and took an old timers advise and used biscuit dough from a can . Caught 6 channels fron 3 to 7 pounds . I was amazed .

17. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    It should pick up by next weekend. Channel are moving off the nests, buddy has been taking a few more on set lines. Flatheads are about to move onto the nests around here now though.