Anyone catching anything worth a heck ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by catfisherman369, Aug 17, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Went to a local lake today caught a few channels on dip bait . Was fixing to be prime time and a storm blew up . Might hit the river tomorrow in Covington .

2. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    My wife Lisa and I have been doin' really good on the Illinois using Wicked Sticky. Non stop bites, alot of good eaters, but have been bringing in alot of 4-5 lb. range and a few 8- 10 lb. Using a hunk of plastic worm (with real heavy ribs) on a 5/0 circle. They sure are'nt hitting any thing else worth a darn.

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Not many fish at ALL as of late here. Maybe over the next few weeks it'll start pickin' up.:eek:oooh:

4. pecvillian

pecvillian New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Went out Saturday night. Didn't catch anything but one drum fish. I think the water in the Mississippi is just too stirred up right now.

5. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Been catching mostly eaters (2-6 lb. range),on dip bait,but the action has been good on the Wabash. The river finally got low ( I seem to do best at the lower levels,fishing the channels). The river is supposed to be on the rise this week end,so maybe it will pick up,in the shallows? Ron

6. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Caught the heck out of them last night at Lake Springfield. Nice fish too. Not trophies but nice. THe last month or so has been hard fishing around here. Been catching tons of smaller fish. Changed a couple things lst night and I think I got them figured out

7. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i got 17 on the ill. river last friday night at pekin. most were 8-10lb. got pix too i,ll put them on here later. all on asian carp sides. cut them up like french fries. broke one pole in half. all in 15-20ft

8. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    :confused2:It has been a rough year for us,as most know we usally catch between 70 to 90 pounds of rough fish each trip to the river.Not this year and what we are getting is taking alot longer to get.We use the big three Chubs, Shad and Asian Carp and this year the carp are doing the best.Week ago tuesday we fished from 4:00PM to 11:30PM and caught 40# of channel bigest one around 7 pounds. Good Luck John

9. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    caught a couple 5-10 pounders but im really thinking about trying springfield.