Anyone catching any Flathead Catfish yet?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by patrickgd, Mar 31, 2009.

1. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    Have'nt seen any posts of catches so far this year. Was wondering if their feeding yet? Water temp is still between 50-55 around these parts. I have'nt done to good trying to catch blues from the bank. At least none of size. I sure would like tie into a muscled-up Flatty. Whats the consensus? Too early still?

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i am going to the tenn this weak pat hoping to catch some blues. no flatties ill leave them to you to wrestle i reckon :roll_eyes:

3. catback

catback New Member

State:
    virginia
    gonna go flattin this weekend !!!! my buddy did catch a 41lber while crappie fishin on 4lb test the other day his dad used the trolling motor to follow it around for a half an hour befor they landed it . he cought it in 8 ft of water in the back of a creek arm about a mile off the main channel

4. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Its gettin about the time for alot of people they usually start hittin around here in April. However I wont target flatheads on the Ohio River where I fish until June when the river is more calm. When the Ohio is at pool stage, I do very well but, I mostly fish eddies and they are very hard to fish when the water is up.

5. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    went out today...not even a bite. water just hit 50 today. i just couldn't wait anymore.lol:smile2:

6. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Check susquehanna river thread in pennsylvania a few catches already:wink:

7. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    The desert region here is getting active.

I've had a few good trips. Nothing big so far but they are pretty active.
    1 is a young lady named Elizabeth I took fishing, she also caught 2 striper and a channel that night.
    2 is Snagged2 from here on the BOC
    3 is Me, same night as Snagged2's pic.

Attached Files:

8. wareagle06

wareagle06 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    The bite is pretty good in south georgia if the rivers would settle down a bit. From the looks of all the rain we've gotten the last 3 days I don't think thats gonna happen. I did fish last weekend and caught a few, the one on my avatar was our biggest, 42lb.

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    So far I have caught 3 this year.
    Nothin huge yet. March 5th I caught a 13. First fish of the year.:cool2:
    The other 2 were around 5 lbs.
    This is the earliest I have had any lucky.
    Should be gettin real good in a week or two.:wink:

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
  11. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    nice coloration on that one. congrats.

12. rich crabtree

rich crabtree New Member

State:
    ohio
    man,:embarassed: and to think, ive put hundreds and hundreds of dollars in to my catfish rigs :embarassed::roll_eyes::confused2::sad2::smile2:

13. scwhite

scwhite New Member

State:
    Shreveport , La.
    I did good I went April 1,2,3, I cought 27 Catfish 17 was Flathead , and 10 was Blues. The largest was a 42 lbs. Flathead . I had a total of 292 lbs. of fish . Fishing is good in the South on the Red River .

14. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    I caught my first Flathead on March 2 fishing the Ohio River. I was fishing a warm water discharge the water temp. was 62'. The flatty was 12 LBS. I was shocked when I got him to the surface, he fought like a striper.

15. Scotty205

Scotty205 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Wow,thats a really good start to April you had Scwhite,congrats. I'm going to try and get down on Kiamichi a lil later in the week, hopefully its gone down some,it was rolling pretty good last week.

16. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Scwhite, congrats on a nice catch.

17. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I caught a decent flat sat and missed a real good one fishing at night caught on a live gill. Water temps were 53 degrees.

18. Gort

Gort New Member

State:
    Texas
    Mixed limit of channels and blues... no flatheads...water in the mid 60's on Lake Conroe... unable to get to favorite spot due to high winds, which has been blowing 20 - 30 mph most of the time when we get out there... so we end up fishing off the boat docks... always good for a limit of channels.

19. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Caught my first flatty for the season after work. ( The one in my avtar picture. He was in around 23ft of water hanging out on a ledge. Caught on the only perch i could muster up and the water here is about 50 deg.