Anyone catching any fish?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by bkhollan, Jun 18, 2006.

1. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    Hey! I was just wondering if anyone has caught anything. I think the spawn is still going on. The last 4-5 times I've been out, I have caught two 2-3# channels. Just wondering if anyone else has caught anything.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I went fishing a little pond for about an hour early this morning, just took some livers and caught 4 small, 8 inches and under,BASS of all the things in the world to catch on livers. just goes to show you a hungrey fish is bound to eat anything.

3. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My buddy and I have pulled quite a few out this week. All flatheads with an average around 12 lbs. with one fish close to 30lbs. on Tuesday and one last night in the low to mid 40's. Things have started to slow down a bit and size is steadily going down, but fish under 10lbs. have been few and far between. Most of the action has been between 10p.m and 12a.m. for us. Pretty much equal action between live and cut bait.

4. catfishbeatty81

catfishbeatty81 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i caught one 5 pd channel saturday the rest of the day i was catching soft shell turtles

5. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Fished a new spot last night and my buddy caught his personal best, a 37" 25lb flathead. Only fish we scored. Fished from 10p.m to 1:30a.m. had a few other hits but fishing was very slow.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My fishing has been horrible this year, it's kinda depressing, but I keep telling myself that better times are ahead.

7. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    been all week caught a lot of bull heads and a 10 pound channel, and same her a few bass < really big bass.

8. rompn84yota

rompn84yota New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ive been fishing out of my canoe here recently at some striper pits...had decent luck with good eating size channels and some pretty decent size bullheads...catch about 6-10 usually right before it gets dark...on anything from crickets, night crawlers, to cut shad lol...them lil guys eat ne thing...even caught a bullhead on a beatle spin....(sorry thought i was in lakes page!)

9. Welk49

Welk49 New Member

State:
    Northern Indiana
    I have been fishing the St. Joe River in Osceola, IN and have caught a couple of nice channels, and a lot of 4-5" channels, can't figure out why the big ones wont bite.

10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    I caught a 10lb channel about a week ago on nightcrawler and a lot of nice eaters a few nights ago. I have a lot of good hits that lead no where though.

11. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    We have been catching quite a few smaller channels and flatheads on the ohio. We got into some ncie blues about 3 weeks ago but i believe they are spawning as they are non-existent these days. But we have catch 8-15 fish every night we go out. We are fishing around logs with live shad. They seen to only be hitting live steadily and we make a few runs back to the creek over the course of a nice. Our biggest lately has been 10 pounds (flathead) but alot of flats and channels in the 5-6 pounds range. hope the blues turn back on soon though!

12. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    I caught a 10 lb channel yesterday, but it was at a buddies pond. I was fishing for bluegill.

13. jim701

jim701 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Is there anywhere I can put a sixteen foot flatbottom in the wabash without getting stuck around the peru to georgetown area?Its got a forty horse motor and a 40 lb. thrust trolling motor.Can i keep the engine down and use it or will the trolling motor run me up river?Want to try it out but dont want to tear up my boat.Thanks for any info.

Jim

14. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    well we finally got on some blues tonight! we caught 3 blues, our biggest was 12 lbs 4 oz. It was pretty unusual how we caught them. we caught them on an inside bend (on the ohio) in almost no current. we caught all three on live creek chub. we we targeting flats and were fishing in about 8 feet of water. Once i caught the first on i threw on some cut chub and cut shad. they wouldn't tough it (although the channels did). just goes to show that no fish follows the 'rules' every night. good luck everybody!

15. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    jim: the 16 flatbottom boat would be ok but the 40 hp would make it unmanagable i think. if you could get a smaller motor you would be alrite. there are places you have to get out and pull it through the riffles,if the waters low. now if you wait till she is up a couple of feet then you mite sqweek by. the river up north here is a sheer pin eating sun of a gun! if bucks bait n takle is still in buisness in peru he will give you some good locations too.