anyone catching any cats

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by big papa, Mar 22, 2008.

1. big papa

big papa New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    hey everyone im starting to get the catfishing itch. anyone on grand or neosho and spring rivers catching any yet. any information will be greatly appreciated

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    as far as the cats goes for the spring and neosho i don't know, but as for Grand River nobody's catching any cats atleast not up river maybe down further if anyones fishing it at all, there's been a few boats getting in at bird hollow

3. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    The winter pattern has broken up with the new rain and river flow. Look for the channels up the creeks as far and as shallow as your boat will go. The blues will be found most easily on a point or a shallow bank with the wind blowing into the land.

With the warming waters, the packs of large fish are breaking up into smaller loose groups of two or three fish, soon to be totally solitary hunters. The big guys will still be out there feeding in the shallows and resting in deeper waters.

4. big papa

big papa New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    thanks for the info withh any luck i will be able to try it out wednesday

5. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    been catching a few on the verdigris. every time we have been able to go its been right after one of these nasty fronts. 20lb biggest.

6. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Hey Randy are you fishin above Oolagah or below it?

7. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc good tips in boc lib:cool2:

8. CWGIBSON

CWGIBSON New Member

State:
    okla
    been slow but improving

9. Jugs by Bert

Jugs by Bert New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Grand came up big time.....and muddy. But it did not stop the cats from bitting. We caught tons Saturday and Sunday when the water was at its highest. Jug fishing in about 50' of water, rod and reel fishing in 30'.

Jugs by Bert.

10. Jugs by Bert

Jugs by Bert New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Went to Twin Bridges on Saturday, the park was under water. They were putting in off the side of the road. Went up to the low water dam in Miami at the city park......never seen so many spoonbills being caught. Watched on guy throw three times....three spoonbills. Tons of boats up there too. the Spring is still muddy and running fast. This weekend may be good for the white bass if the water clears just a little. The wildlife department is cleaning the spoonbill for FREE....up on top of the hill in the park. They keep the eggs. they said weekend before last they cleaned 120 on sunday and 180 on Saturday.

Jugs by Bert.

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    hey Mike; you use those cutters i left with you yet? i sure like them for cutting bait...........still pinching my pennies - let me know when the bite picks up:big_smile:

12. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    15-20 miles below.