Anyone catchin catfish on Lake Freeman?

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catstalker459, May 26, 2007.

1. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    just wondering how the cats were doin on lake freeman, we used to fish it when we had a membership to the old white oaks on the lake, not even sure if that still exists or not:big_smile:

2. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    White Oaks is still there I'm pretty sure. I was fishing Shafer two weeks ago. Had one crazy run on a live blue gill, but couldn't hook up. There were plenty of carp to keep me busy though. There are monsters in Freeman, good luck!

3. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    I went about three weeks ago but the wind and rain was pretty bad. Fished for three days caught about 5 cats, few carp and some turtles. It was a slow bite and the cold rain didnt help matters none.

4. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    really? wow i have cuaght tons of cats in the pouring cold rain up there close to the dam. and also off the main channel running the lake.

i need to make it back up there soon

5. bank bouncer

bank bouncer New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    I would like to know where to fish up there, will be heading there Saturday night to catfish, so if anybody got some pointers I'm all eyes.

6. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man I haven't been up to Shafer in years...I remember those carp though, as a kid I used to think if ya fell in they would eat people. If I saw 'em today I might still think that.

7. hillbillywilly

hillbillywilly New Member

State:
    Burnettsville, Indiana

Did you use to bank fish around the piers at white oaks or did you use a boat?? My parents have a membership there and always seen some catching fish but haven't seen anyone doing any catfishin'