anyone catch anything

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by gottagetabigun, Apr 27, 2008.

1. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    this weekend? we went saturday night. kept 14. nothing over 5lbs. our old friend the north wind showed up around midnight but didn't really seem to effect the fishing. we just picked one up ever now and then. couldn't get a big fish to bite though. i'd like to know if anyone else caught anything.

2. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    yes we fished sat. on kerr, we had 20 keepers biggest was 18lbs. , bait was a little tuff. it took us an hour to catch enough bait to fish 5 hours.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on your catches glad to hear that you got you some good eating size catfish, I went this weekend and the wind was horrible, didnt do no good so I figured I may wait till the wind calms down and its pretty out and try it again.

4. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    thats sounds like a heck of a day for five hours fishing. would be for us anyway. we had no problem getting bait. caught about 60 shad in about 15 minutes. didn't get to go till around 3:00 sat afternoon (had to work.) are you catching any flatheads? we are catching very few.

5. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    no we only caught blues, about the only we catch flatheads here are on trotlines, i wish we could hang a flathead once and a while it would sure help on the polebender touraments

6. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    the wind did get up here around noon and was white capping a little when we headed in to the ramp. yea we had a good day and it was also good last week end, it may be all the water:big_smile:

7. Randy Jones

Randy Jones New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Tried to get ya'll to fish them tourny's I know in the last two ya'll would have been tough to beat because you told me what you had . All you had to do is show up take home some money.

8. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I fished in the Memorial Tournament at Keystone Saturday... the day started out great... but the bite turned off when the wind picked up out of the East. Team Moby turned in a four fish stringer that went just over 20 pounds... big fish for the tourney went 37 and change... all blues and channels.

That was a very expensive trip at $3.45 /gallon... and it's going up.

Fuel prices are really digging into the bottom line everywhere. No relief in sight.

9. harley5247

harley5247 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I think Saturday was a tough day fishing for everyone, I know it was for me but it still beat workin. Go job on the tournament see you this weekend

10. wiatravis

wiatravis New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I caught a bunch of blues on the main lake at Eufaula. Nothing big but they were fun to catch.