Anyone Catch Anything Over The Weekend in Louisiana?

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by da-cajun-angla, Jul 17, 2006.

1. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I Fished Friday Evening And Sat. Morning And Did Not Get A Bite! This Is The 1st Time This Year Ive Fished And Came Home With Nothing. And I Fish Atleast 5 Times A Week If Not More! I Did Catch A Buzzz...lol...did Know Better To Bring The Beer, So I Could Catch Something. But On A Serious Note, The Heat Was horrible!!! We Had 100% Humidity, And It Was Like 104 Deg!!! I Felt Like I Was In A Attic! I Could Hold My Head Down And "bloomp, Bl,bl,bl.bloomp, Bloomp...i Was Soakin' Wet Down To My Draws!! It Was Not Cool..lol...just Curious If Any1 Had Any Luck. My Dad And A Few Peeps Went In The Gulf Sun Night, And Only Caught A Few Blackfin Tuna, Which Is Very Unlikely. Normally They Come Back With Fish Tails Stickin' Out Of All The Ice Chests, But Not This Weekend....what Gives??? I Was Thinkin' I'm Gonna Bring The Portable Fishfinder Out, Find A Deep Hole, And See If Thats Where They Are.

2. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Hubby (lawnman61) and Stepson (he's a member also can't remember his handle on the BOC) Age thing went out Saturday night. Hubby said they had bites on Danny King but couldn't get them up on shore. But other than that NOT A DARN THING

3. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    My son and I caught a couple on the Red out of Shreveport. Badbob did pretty good, much better than I did. The full details are in the Red River thread. And boy was it HOT....

4. old poot

old poot New Member

State:
    La.
    We caught quite a few mangrove snapper out of G.I.last week but didnt fish the week end:sweat: sure was hot

5. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    My wife,grandson and I fished two nights ,the first night we caught 10 cats with the total weight of about 30 lbs and Saturday night we caught 27 with the total weight of 65 lbs.Not a bad weekend I think...:big_smile:
    Both nights we fished from 8:00 till 11:00...

6. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    We caught 55 fish a little over 200lbs all on jugs.

7. mullyden

mullyden New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Sounds like you fellas are doing some serious catching. Are you fishing the Red or Miss? Do you let you jugs float or are they anchored down?

8. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Letting them float and fishing the Red.I have my hooks set from 3 to 4 foot below the jug.

9. Louisiana Redneck

Louisiana Redneck New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Went to Blind river fishing off docks due to bad weather. Stayed 4 hours and caught four undersized cats on hot dog weiners from Wal-MaRT. Bad weekend for fishing, too hot and too many rain storms.

10. bassadict69

bassadict69 New Member

State:
    Benton, Louisia
    Mind if I ask how deep of water you were throwing your jugs? Were you just running them on the main river?

11. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    We were in 8-25 ft of water started in the flats before the wing dikes and floated the past the wing dikes into the main channel.

12. bassadict69

bassadict69 New Member

State:
    Benton, Louisia
    Thanks Ersel...Hopefully Sunday morning I will have a good report to post.

Wing dikes? Are you talking about the jetties south of Teague? Not trying to find your holes, just trying to figure out the types of areas I need to look for.

13. gberan

gberan New Member

State:
    Deville louisiana
    Sorry about the late post, DSL problems.
    Me and the Misses and grandson went out Saturday below Lock#2 at Ruby. Caught 12 keepers the largest being a 6lb2oz channel caught by my grandson, and the Misses caught a 4lb channel. I caught just enough keepers to say i went fishing with them. 12 keepers dressed 23lbs.

14. bassadict69

bassadict69 New Member

State:
    Benton, Louisia
    We just got in off the river & ended up with only about 12 cats, biggest was caught on r & r by my 15 yr old daughter, it was about 5 pounds.

We got out there around 8pm & ran toward CenturyTel to drop some noodles in a spot I was referred to by a fellow BOC'er. Well, we get there to find noodles everywhere, not sure who it was but I imagine it was someone else from here. We went back upstream a bit & dropped ours. Checked them a bit later & found ours were drifting into theirs so we pulled them up & ran back up by the boats. We did pull 7 or 8 off first though. Caught a few up there, mostly little & called it quits just before 1am.

15. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana

16. bassadict69

bassadict69 New Member

State:
    Benton, Louisia
    These were several different colors of noodles from what I could tell. I did see some blue ones when we were pulling a couple of ours out of the middle of theirs.

Their were 3 people in an aluminum boat when we were there. Later around 12 or 1230 there were two boats running them.

I looked for BOC stickers on their boat but didn't see any. We were in a Green Pro Gator bass boat.

17. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    James, it was me,my wife and my son.I run blue,orange and green noodles.My BOC stickers are on the back of my seats.My nephew joined us shortly later.You should have let them mix,it's fine with me.Next time say Hi...We ended up with 25...

18. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Heck Buddy I didn't know yall were running noodles there. I ran my blue noodles about 1/2 mile south of Teague from 9:30 till about noon. If I had known yall were down there I would have puttered down and shown you the SS Shad Scale. I might have scared all the fish away though so it was probably for the best. I christened her with a hot Old Milualkee when I launched. Seemed appropriate.

19. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana

It was last night we ran noodles Jim.I would have liked to have seen your boat though..

20. bassadict69

bassadict69 New Member

State:
    Benton, Louisia
    I thought that may have been ya'll from the profile pics I seen on here but I wasn't sure. I know how some people get about when you move in on their spot (& it is understandable) so we grabbed ours & moved north a little.

I sure would have thought you did better than that last night. I know we seen a couple of yours bobbing around & I think we pulled 4 off ours when we picked them up after only about 15 minutes. We figured ya'll had tore them up!

We were fishing ours with a 6ft line & a 1 ounce weight at the bottom of the line to keep it down. Each hook had 2 hooks, one at 2ft deep & one at 4ft deep. We were baiting with gizzards & hearts.

We are planning to try again next weekend. If we see you we will stop by & say hi!