Anyone catch a blue catfish in the St. Croix River?

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by vince, Jan 6, 2007.

1. vince

vince New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I thought I herd the DNR stocked blues years ago in the st croix for testing! Anyone have any info on blues in the St Croix?

Vince! I myself have never seen one or caught one.

2. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    I havent heard anything about the DNR stocking Blues. From my Understanding Blues are not native to MN because if the cold temps during the winter time. I would have to believe that if they were able to survive up here, someone would have registered a blue for the state record in the last century.

3. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    There is always been speculation on blues in the Croix. No proof as of yet.
    Welcome to BOC Vince.

Ryan, how you been. Its been a bit since I've seen you post. Did you manage any monsters at the end of the year last year?
    I might have to throw a line in the MN this week for some channels if keeps this warm I might even have to drag the boat out of storage.

Larry

4. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
  5. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I fish primarily the St. Croix, haven't seen any yet. One kid that works at the local bait shop thought he had caught one. He took a picture though the pic is so dark you can't tell for sure. It looked like a channel to me.

I think I'm gonna go see if the river is open enough to get a line wet.

6. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    I have never seen or caught a Blue here in Minnesota anywhere. I seem to remember reading an article a few years ago about one being caught on the St. Croix and it was big news because, as you all know, they are not native here at all.

7. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Never caught one myself, but I would have to say the croix has it all. There is bound to be a couple in there.

8. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Interesting Article CoonX.
    I had heard about that stocking as well. They may have done it but the Blue Cats didn't stick around. We have a lot of false alarms with people thinking that the nice channel they landed is a blue.
    But there unfortunatly have not been any confirmed sightings from anyone in the last 20 years.
    thanks
    Larry