Anyone Brave/stupid enough to fish Big O-Cinci this weekend?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    With it being a holiday weekend, and all the idiots with waay more money then sense going to be out. You know, the same ones flying as close to any of the anchored fishermen so they can show you how fast their big boat will go.

I know I tried launching last Labor Day early at Tanners and about 8:30am till noon, got passed by litterally hundereds of big, fast, huge wake makeing boats returning back to their home bases, it was the worst day I ever fished on the Ohio.:angry:

Ill be passing on this one guys, good luck, bring some Dramamine and be safe!:smile2:

Salmonid

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Going to fish the tourney in portsmouth, I really hope its not to bad

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Im sure the Portsmouth area has its fair share of big party boats but Im betting its nothing like the Cinci area so im guessing it wont be too bad. Cinci area , Its downright crazy out there, good luck! and just know that they ( non skilled boaters) will be out!!!
    Be safe and be sure to let us know how it is so I have a place to go next year :wink:
    Salmonid

4. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    i may head head east to adams co and fish the river there with a buddy that lives out in adams co

5. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I am at college mark, and coming home this weekend to grab a few things. Figure I may as well take the boat out while I am at it since i will have limited chances. I dunno whether I fall under stupid or brave...or i just don't really shivagit. I probably will launch out of Tanners and stay away from Cincy to avoid as much of the pleasure boaters and idiots as possible. I know i will still run into some, but hopefully less than around schmidt and downtown. :confused2:

6. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    cathunter if things don't work out with my adams county plans get a hold of me and i would stay away from the downtown area it was bad enough last saturday ,wasn't near as bad west of downtown but east was awful i went up that way just kinda scouting and got to lmr and just had had enough turn around and head back to the west side of downtown and wasn't bad at all

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I am heading out Monday, for the simple reason that its the only day I have to prefish for the big event the following weekend. Not sure where yet, somewhere between Rising Sun and Cincy...lol Gonna be pretty crazy during the tourney next weekend anyway so might as well get used to it, you couldnt pay me to be anywhere around the city before Monday with with fireworks and all. its still gonna be a mad house Monday but not that bad..

8. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Will probably be a passenger this weekend, but I don't care so much.
    I just feel sorry for anyone stuck around the Cincinnati area when the fireworks are actually over.

9. cudadustin

cudadustin New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    Just living on the river is annoying enough. You should have to pass a boating test and get endorsed to operate a boat. I mean no disrespect to anyone, but sometimes it's like someone unleashed Corky's offspring on the Ohio river. It looks like the boating event at the special olympics some days (if there ever was such an event). Once again I mean no disrespect. For lack of better words or just plain anger, I can't find a better way to explain the boat traffic near downtown Cincinnati.

If anyone wants bank fish near my house (KY side) after the holiday; just let me know. If anyone wants to sit near the river and throw rocks at the pleasure boaters during the holiday; let me know.

In all seriousness, good luck to all of you who intend to fish the holiday weekend. Enjoy the fireworks and be safe!

10. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    Dont forget this weekend coming up is the big WEBN Fireworks display!!!!!! so you know there will be boats everywhere

11. RiverWader

RiverWader New Member

State:
    Glouster, Ohio
    How close is Meldahl to Cincy? If its close then I guess Im dumb enough:smile2:, This will be our first trip down there and dont know much about the area

12. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I think meldahl is around 18 miles from cincy

13. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    welcome to the boc neighbor

14. RiverWader

RiverWader New Member

State:
    Glouster, Ohio
    What is BOC? Sorry Im new!:smile2:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  15. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    Brotherhood of Catfisherman

16. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Maybe this will be a good weekend to do some bass fishing or hybrid striper fishing in the lakes.

17. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Remind me to slap you the next time I see you...LMAO:eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

18. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    whats a bass:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

19. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I think it's another name for BAIT! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member