Anyone been to Mississinewa Lake lately? Any shad or just asian carp?

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Shad Man, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    I was thinking about heading to Miss. this weekend. Anyone been up there lately? If so how is the spillway? Any shad or just drum and Asian carp?

2. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Have'nt, but do they do the flood control thing there also?

3. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Yeah so I better check the gauge station. Flood control first, Fish second.

4. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nope, can't say that I have, but there's been talk about another fall gathering up there. Why don't you scope out all the good spots and let us know about them when you get back, eh? That'll save me some time next trip up there! :wink:

5. catfishpatrol

catfishpatrol New Member

State:
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I was up there last week and seen a lot of shad

6. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    I already got some good spots but I don't think they will produce any 70 lb bluecats for you!!!

7. colt1888

colt1888 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I was at Miss about 2 weeks ago and there were dead shad laying all over the banks. They must have washed up from earlier in the month when the water level was up. I didn't catch any cats, but i did take home 15 nice crappie. Went back last week and the lake was a mess, caught one drum out of the spillway, that was it. Looking at the graph, it looks like there letting a lot of water out today. Lake is still 6-7 feet above summer pool.

8. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wow, I was just there last week & it was still winter pool. They brought that up fast!

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    they were still chowing on shad a few weeks ago here too, colt. hard to get bit when they are swamped with food! they are looking elsewhere now though:wink:

10. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I finally got my new boat all ready to go...after a month of it sitting in the garage!

My boy & I are heading down to Miss. Res. in the morning to do a bunch of cruising to break in the new motor and fish. We'll probably end up fishing for more crappie than cats but we'll definitely take our Danny King's! Hopefully we'll get into something. I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully I'll have pics.

11. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I made it out to Mississinewa yesterday but didn't catch anything. The boy & I tried for some crappie but mostly just ran the boat to break in the motor...the new boat is great! Hopefully next time I'll put some cat slime in it!

12. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Well I went out last night for a little bit in the North end of the lake for about an hour or so. Didn't even get a bite. It was pretty windy and the water temps were around 60 F. Hopefully better luck next time.