Anyone been to LOZ? Hows the fishing? there?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ShaneLakeOzarkMO, May 11, 2007.

1. ShaneLakeOzarkMO

ShaneLakeOzarkMO New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello,thank you Catfish1 for the great site,

This post is to find out what the crappie or catfish are doing at Lake Ozark. I am in college and havent been on the lake for a month and a half so I would like to hear from any one who has any information about fishing there. Hope you all are having a great spring, I know I look forward to fishing again probably this wed. nite or thur. morning, hope to finally reel in one of those fish that have broke my line last summer.

Thanks,
    Shane Shalbot

2. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Shane,
    First off, welcome to BOC, I'm rather new here myself and have been very impressed with the members. They are great people and will gladly share.

Secondly. on your question.
    I went crappie fishing Tuesday, and it was tough. We started out good, but the weather changed and the bite stopped. Also we had a hard time finding any concertration of fish. None of my regular holes had any fish or only a few. Actually we caught more bass than we did crappie.

But you know it can change quickly, the water temp was 62.

Good luck.

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Here at the 58MM on LOZ the Blue and Channel cats have been biting great on cut fresh shad. Nothing uncommon to catch limits of Blues in the 3-8 lb range right now.:big_smile:

4. ShaneLakeOzarkMO

ShaneLakeOzarkMO New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello,

:cool2: Thank you all for responding to this post, sorry to hear the crappie were slow the other day; thats the way it is sometimes. I've had luck using a plastic minnow that is shad colored and swims when reeling, caught a big bass on that lure also. It is great news to hear catfishin' is good bro I'm looking forward to spending a couple nights fishing next week hope to have some good fish for the freezer. Thanks again

Catch a big one,
    Shane Shalbot