Anyone been to Ceaser's Creek or East Fork Lately?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by kitsinni, Apr 30, 2008.

1. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am thinking of heading to Ceaser's or East Fork tomorrow, has anyone been to either lately that could tell me how the lakes look? Last person I knew who tried to go to Ceaser's said it was so flooded they couldn't get a boat in. The last person I talked to about East Fork said it wasn't flooded but the water was really dirty. If anyone has any info on how these lakes look I would appreciate it.

Niko

2. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    I've fished Caesars Creek every day for the past 11 days from the bank. I've caught a drum, a huge snapping turtle, a small musky, a couple of bass, but no catfish.

The only prolem I've had bank fishing there since the flooding is getting hung up on all the branches and debris the was washed into the lake with the flooding, and is hanging out in places it wasn't last year. I've lost several hooks, sinkers and steel leaders already!

The lake looks good, it's back down, but real choppy. Lots of speed boats on the weekend making it even worse.

I plan to head out again today. I'll probably hit the platform over near the dam, that's one place haven't hit this year.

3. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the reply! That is one of the reasons I want to head out on a weekday. I guess I just don't understand the point of running back and forth all day in a boat when your not doing any fishing. I saw a couple of people trolling what looked like a human for bait that had some weird sticks on their feet. :confused2: It looked like a topwater rig, maybe they were fishing for giant cats?

4. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    I've heard all kinds of stories the past few years of giant flatheads in that lake, but I've yet to hear of someone catching one more than 50 pounds. I'll keep trying though!

Are you going to fish it from a boat?

5. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am fishing from a boat, but not a motor boat. I fish from a kayak when I am boat fishing. I really want to land a flathead in the kayak, I guess then I will have a motor boat of sorts when the fish pulls me all over the lake. I have found that motor boats are not the most fun to be around when you are in a kayak.

6. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    I see. Well, good luck! There are lots of coves where you can get away from the nuts. Be careful!

7. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've been fishing cc since it opened, caught a number of flatheads in the five to ten lb. range but never a really big one. Also caught a few large channels over ten. I mostly use large bluegills, wish someone could show me what I'm doing wrong not catching a monster. I would even take someone fishing, most of my fishing buddys get bored and want to switch off to cut bait or something else to catch smaller, (but more) fish.
    M&M

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i live about half an hour 40 minutes from caesars creek.never tried it though.lot of water

9. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I haven't been fishing for cats there yet. However I have talked to bass fishermen who catch lots of large channels and shovelhead while casting for bass. If there are monster shovels in there, 10 to 1 odds they are eating the bass and are hanging out in the rip rap and the feeder creeks.

10. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    There seem to be great numbers of shad in this lake, especially in the main feeder creek at the upper end of the lake. Thats where we fish most of the time. There are a number of standing trees in the water in this area. I try to find underwater logs etc and put baits right next to them. Almost always catch something that way, but haven't yet cought a flat over ten.
    M&M

11. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Fished CC once and didnt do well, but it was early in the season and the water was still cold. Fished East Fork Twice and no luck, but it definately has teh structure to hold flatheads....and have heard of fish being there. I would personally hit the river, but that is just my personal preference. I would hit eastfork before hitting CC..

12. armyhooah

armyhooah New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Ohio
    I have fished CC for may years born and raised in Lebanon. Lived in Waynesville for a bit.

Largest to date 26-27 lbs Flathead.

I have a very close friend that use to work for CC, since has been transfered to Cowan lake. Has pulled forty plus shovel out of CC. Hard lake to fish, very BIG, lots of cover and room to roam. DNR officer has a video of something very large swimming under the 73 bridge. Estimate it to be 100-150 lbs shovel. Think about it, plenty of fish to eat. Lots of cover, deep holes for winter, lots of carp, shade and minnows. 30+ year old lake. It can and does hold monster shovels.

I am thinking about using some birds for bait one night just for Sh!ts and giggles.

13. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We went back to the lake again last night with several lively bluegills for bait, set out four baits in some stickups in the mouth of the main creek where I have caught flats and channels before, but didn't have even a sngle run. I guess I'm just too hard headed to believe there's not a few big flats there. I'll keep trying.
    M&M

14. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I tryed to reply to a private message but this site doesn't allow it until I have ten posts here, so if you didn't get an answer it not because I'm ignoring you.
    M&M

15. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    I live about 15 min. from the lake in greene co. and the bigest iv ever caught was a 18 lbs. flathead in a cove by the dam. but iv herd that below the dam i good also.

16. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I haven't tryed down by the dam lately. I think I'm going to start moving around some instead of just up the creek. I've caught a lot of crappies in that big cove right next to the dam. I've seen some big hooks down in that 100 plus foot water right in front of the dam. Wonder what they are?
    M&M

17. armyhooah

armyhooah New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Ohio
    The number one thing that I have learned at CC is patients!!!!, and lots of it.

There has been a many of times that I have left with nothing but a lonely night fishing. There has also been some, not very many, nights that I have caught some nice fish. Channels, carp, bluegills, crappie, Musky and shovels are all able to be caught. I am not that much into bass fishing, so what I have caught is not worth talking about, some nice 1-2 lber and a lot of small .5 to 1 lbers.

People need to try some unconventional baits. Birds work! Raw shrimp work, soft crawls work. Creek chubs and shiners work. Goldfish work, but I think it is illegal to use them? Not sure. Next is going to be some mice or some other rodent.

18. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    So do you use dead birds such as starlings or what? I'm pretty sure it's perfectly legal to use goldfish as they are sold in most bait shops.
    M&M

19. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Have you been seeing a lot of beavers at C.C.?

20. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    You'll get the ten post easily just read on what others are doing an jump in with what your take is.