Anyone been to Beaver Dam recently?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Mikeh77, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Mikeh77

Mikeh77 New Member

State:
    East Alton,Illinois
    Im gonna be goin soon and was wondering if anyone has been there lately...wondering how the Catfishin and Bluegill are bitin..In the past this was a great place for Gills, havent been there in awhile though.

2. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    I went for some crappie 2 weeks ago and could not get a bite using live minnows. There is grass as far as you can throw. I couldn't get the minnows down far enough for the crappie depths, and with all that grass they couldn't see the minnow anyway. Have you had a lot of luck there in the past fishing for catfish? Have you ever tried Gillispie lake?

3. Mikeh77

Mikeh77 New Member

State:
    East Alton,Illinois

Yeah I went there earlier this week and the grass/moss or whatever is all over...tried catfishin but it was a waste of time..Talked to a guy that worked there and he said it wouldnt be good for bankfishing (which I do) untill mid to late May...they gotta put something in there to kill that stuff and it wont work untill the weather stabilizes.

4. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    last year I went out later in the season and It was the same I hope he is right about it this year. I met a guy who takes his son out there. He says they stay a week and fish and camp. They sleep in the day and fish all night long so it must be good fishing. Think I saw him in late May or June so maybe he is telling the truth. Nothing beats camping there and getting up and eating breakfast in the little diner there. Maybe I will see you there.

5. Mikeh77

Mikeh77 New Member

State:
    East Alton,Illinois
    I was back at Beaver Dam this Monday...all the moss and weeds in the lake is gone...caught 3 eating size channels and about 4 HUGE bluegills...2 of which were the biggest i ever caught....so looks like its back to good fishing