Anyone Been Sick???

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Nov 1, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know this is kinda off topic... But I have had the worst chest cold and fever since I can remember! Gonna have to go to the quack office tomorrow im affraid! This is some nasty stuff bros. Hope you don't get it!.. rollo

2. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    Brother let me tell ya, i know just what you're saying, My son gave it to me and it KICKED MY BUT,my insides were on fire every time i coughed, And when i wasn't coughing my insides felt like someone took a ball bat to me. I had a fever for 2 day's 103.4 at the high point, i went to the doctors, and he just told me, Yea, you just got the flu ( that's all) man, between my wife and the news i was thinking it was the h1n1, plus with the way it was kicking my but, i never had the flu beat me down so bad before:confused2: the doc said i mite keep the cough for 3 or 4 week's :crazy: he gave me some inhaler, and some antibiotics,and of course told me to stop smokeing and sent me on my way, Buddy, i felt like i was 95 years old for a week.wish you well:wink:

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You guys take care and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery to you. I've been lucky so far and the flu is the only thing that I haven't had:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::smile2: Stay safe, get well and enjoy the upcoming Holiday Season!!!:wink:

4. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Good luck, you'll be fine!

My fishing buddy just got over the swine flu. It hit him HARD while we were out fishing one day. He got so dizzy I had to drive home ... I'm just glad I didn't get it!

5. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    Brother let me tell ya, i know just what you're saying, My son gave it to me and it KICKED MY BUT,my insides were on fire every time i coughed, And when i wasn't coughing my insides felt like someone took a ball bat to me. I had a fever for 2 day's 103.4 at the high point, i went to the doctors, and he just told me, Yea, you just got the flu ( that's all) man, between my wife and the news i was thinking it was the h1n1, plus with the way it was kicking my but, i never had the flu beat me down so bad before:confused2: the doc said i mite keep the cough for 3 or 4 week's :crazy: he gave me some inhaler, and some antibiotics,and of course told me to stop smokeing and sent me on my way, Buddy, i felt like i was 95 years old for a week.wish you well:wink:SORRY FOR POST # 2:embarassed::embarassed::cool2:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope it aint the swine, but this is the worst cold in years for me!! rollo

7. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    I got a touch of it acouple weeks ago.But ate a bunch of vitaim Cee pills .an fought it off .Get feeling well soon

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we have 3 people at my work with the swine flu, hope to god i dont get it! the management put out hand sanitizer everywhere around the shop and keep on us about using it regularly. everyone came down sick last week there including me. whatever i had i got over it in less than 2 days. i started a regimine a couple weeks ago of Vitamin C, Echinacea, Vitamn D-3, and a cup of fresh brewed Green tea twice daily so maybe that is why i got over it so fast.

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Yea...what he said ; )

-Jim-

10. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    im over the piggie flu my 2 year old has it my wife is a nurse so we all got some heavy meds be carefull lifes short fish more

11. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i have had on and off chest cold n flu for about 2 weeks, not much fever just the hacks n runny nose, ill see the doc if it dont pass soon, we had a guy works at time warner in the shop friday, said he was installing cable at a house thursday and after he was there an hour they told him they all had the h1n1 viris:angry: i woulda left right then, some peple have no commom sence but get better soon rollo and they rest of you sicko's lol:wink:

12. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Knock on wood, but it has avoided me so far. The four kids have been sick and now so is the wife. I guess I am just to mean and ugly.:wink:

13. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Brother-in-law brought it down here about two weeks ago and the whole household is FINALLY starting to be able to breathe again. Only thing that saved ME was those god-awful Halls cough drops. Man I HATE those things, but they kept me able to get air between coughs and I swear my nose could have doubled form a water faucet. I wouldn't wish this crap on ANYBODY, but it seems like everybodys' got it around here now. By the time "Uncle Obama" gets all the flu shots distributed, it'll be over and gone.

14. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had the swine flu .. it sucked!

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The Swine Flu has been running through my school for weeks.:crazy:

The flu that we all are accustomed to is not supposed to show up until February. If you have flu symptoms now, it may be a good chance it's the Swine flu.

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just got over it. Went to see a couple of my grand daughters, played and ate supper. There mother had the flue, wish I had known. The next morning she called and said it was confirmed, she was H1N1 positive. Well it only took a day and a half till I started to get symptoms. It lasted about a week for me, still have some congestion. It wasn't as bad as I thought it could be, but when your my age, you have just about had every kind of bug you can get! lol :smile2:

17. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Head and chest cold here Very seldom get a cold. Going to see the Doc today. Wife brought it home to me!!:angry:

18. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Been there, done that. Just on the back end of my illness.

You are right though, basically all in the chest for me as well. I coughed so much, and so hard, that I think I pulled a chest muscle.

19. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hear ya. I hate going to the doc.s Got me an appt. this afternoon also.. goodluck...rollo

20. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rollo keep the Doctors appointment and follow his instructions. We need you around. This mess is nothing to wink at. Bad stuff. I hope all of you that have the flu symptoms get well soon.