anyone been setting lines?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by River_monster91, May 7, 2009.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    anyone been setting lines? i went and set some last night. gonna go check em after school today.

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Nope.:wink:

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    No.....we've brainwashed everyone into Cpr'ing all their fish...and your next, LOL.

Just kiddin ; )~ Good luck out there.

-Jim-

4. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    You are gettin sleepy, very very sleepy.:smile2:

5. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Make him cluck like a chicken, Kyle!

6. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ive been runnin lines now for about 3 weeks, in between fishing the lakes on the weekends... Ran one wk on the smoky outside of salina, the other on the solomon... We had three small flats, and majority were channels, but we were only baitn perch every now and then most of them were for channels... WEnt and caught a bunch of perch around 60 last night, and going to run them strictly now that the water temps gettin up there. we usually run lines at wakefield on milford on the weekend the closer it gets to the 4th of july... Ill start postn some pics of result... as for the cpr, we usualy cpr everything over 15, the rest are catch and release in butter....

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Glad to hear that someone is CPR'ing at Milford. CJ and I saw a bunch of jugs out there last time I was out there. I just hope others will start to release the big ones out there.

8. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Ray and I seen a jug too. We were too far to do anything about it.
    That sucks.:sad2:
    They better watch out for Jim if he sees em.:wink:

9. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    You can't CPR fish you catch on set lines?:confused2:

10. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Unfortunately a friend of mine who doesn't CPR has been getting into some nice Flats at ElDorado. Tuesday morning he came by with 7 fish off of 8 lines, 1-30+, 4-20+ and 2-10s. Over the weekend he pulled a 40+. I've been workn on him about CPR, but he is as old as dirt, and set in his ways.:sad2:

11. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Old habits are hard to break........He should be eating good though..:tounge_out:

12. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

Whats jim do to them:crazy::eek:oooh:

13. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Member

State:
    Kansas
    WHY NOT????? i have only met a few fish that werent kickin to beat hell the next mornin... and usually the ones that dont make it were done in by turtles... as for the jugs on milford... they are all over north/south of the causeway, and clear up into the lake across from milford... bleach bottles, and even 20oz pop bottle painted orange... they were all over last weekend... We actually asked the warden out there about them and were told this, that they can be considered a set line as long as there is enough weight that they connot be mobile even with a fish attached... Which if youve ever jugged takes a bunch of weight to keep a decent fish from movin it... we checked a few out there prefishing... just to see if we knew the guys runnin them... and they deff did not have enough weight to keep them from even drifting....

14. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I have not set any lines on the Neosho because it is too high. But I have been trying some creeks and I have caught dozens of good eating size bull head. Cant wait to get out on the river.

15. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    oh man i might of went and started a war on r&r vs. setlines again lol. but i did manage a 7lb flathead. i kept him, just cuz i like eating flatties. i pulled my few lines and moved em down south of me and me and my buddy set out some more. ill post pics later.

16. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    No worries Donnie. No problem with eatin some smaller cats. :wink:

17. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    biggest ive caught is 15 and i ate hime...i dont think id keep anything over 20lbs unless it was guthooked or something like that.

18. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    I even let the small ones go.I only keep my lines out about 11 hrs (sunset to sunrise)so I never seen any dead are beat up.There as lively as can be when I pull them out the water.Always perfect hook set in the corner of their mouth.If I find a dead fish on my line, I will never set another limb line in my life.

19. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas

thats your choice man. me id prefer to run lines that fish rod and reel

20. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Donnie your out of your element........ :smile2: