anyone been out of tanners

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by NO1HUNTER12, Nov 28, 2009.

1. NO1HUNTER12

NO1HUNTER12 Member

State:
    INDIANA
    hav'nt been out in awhile and wanted to see if the winter blues were on

2. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    nope they are not on yet fished out of there today and only know of one cat caught there today out of 4 or 5 boats:angry:

3. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man its tough out there at least for me. It got so bad we decided to try to go stiper fishing. That didnt work out either.

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    We hit alot of fish this weekend. there is a pic of a nice flattie (50ish) in another post here in Indiana Rivers Talk. We have been fishing between Aurora and Rising Sun. We are launching outa Arnolds, but Tanners is probably closer to a few of the spots. We have hit flatties and blues. They arent super deep yet, pulling them outa 30-40 feet of water. Super fresh bait has been key. Won't hit anything frozen or dead for very long.

5. NO1HUNTER12

NO1HUNTER12 Member

State:
    INDIANA
    if anybody want to go give it a try in the next couple weeks let me know. i don't winter fish much, but hear much good things about it.

6. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    im gonna try Saturday rivers supposed to be up and hopefully cooled down some more

7. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    i'll be going out of the public landing

8. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
  9. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I havent seen anyone catching jack...of course I have switched gears to sauger which has been pretty steady. I was jiggin in about 25 ft of water on the GMR and had a catfish hit that I couldnt begin to try to turn around, if the hook would have stayed he would have spooled me and I was using 8 lb fireline which is a mother@# to break. I knew he was a cat because if the slime on the line when I reeled in....he had to be easliy in the 20's and up...super strong!!!!!:big_smile: fun,fun.

Bill