Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Hit the River hard the last two weeks done pretty good, cought about 20 channels and a few blues one blue was 9lb. cought him at the Dam on shad guts cought the rest on shad guts and small live shad. Going to try to be on the river every day this week, let you know how I do.

Ridgerunner and myself went out to the local creek tonight to a new spot. Did pretty good. They were hitting on worms and then the biggest couple like Ridge's garlic livers. Nothing gigantic but enough for his family to have fish for dinner tomorrow. He got a couple of 3 lbers and I got a couple of 2 lbers and then several smaller and one bullhead. Fun night.

was camping at Marshall F & W area just south of Lacon Ill. for 18 days n workin at Wenona. did real good on the Ill. river from the bank considerin how shallow it was less than 2ft for a long ways out there to the channel. first time out fishin used night crawlers n shad took 6 back to the camper altogether they weighed over 50lb. took out more than 50 while i was out there. biggest blue was 17lb channel around 15lb lotta bullheads and 1 carp bout 20+lbs he almost spooled me. great place to camp the camp host was a guy named Charles good ol'boy gave me some mallerd breast n 1 phesent. can't wait to go back to that job! wish they all were that good. oyea there were a mated pair of bald eageles just down the road they had 2 babies in the nest what a site to sit n watch!

been on the Illinois river alot, been catching a lot of nice channels on shad went today the bit was pretty slow but cought a few smaller ones, cought a 13lb channel and a 30lb flathead yesterday on the spoon river.

I'm hoping to get out on the Illinois River tomorrow with my Girlfriend and her Dad. Hopefully the weather allows me to do it. I'm stressed with school work right now and I think some channel cats would change that for me.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.