Anyone been out catfishing lately? Weather still being crappy.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by SubnetZero, Mar 9, 2006.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Weather still being crappy. Just curious if any other IL brothers been out ...

2. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    Fished Sunday in the rain and wind. Did really well on cats but have been sick ever since lol.

3. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    been a few days i wish i had called in sick and gone but the weekends have been too cold. was thinking about saterday but now they are talking more rain. oh well, the creeks and rivers are way too low... may have to try my luck with the shrooms.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    weather is warming here now. last night was real warm. house was 75 after dinner and stayed that way most of the eve even with the themostat on 70. taday was ok but rainy. im thinking of hitting the pond for some largemouth tomorrow. i don't bank fish the lake and just to soon to drag out the catillac.

5. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    I finally made it out to Sangchris again this year. My fiancee and I fished the hot water discharge for a couple of hours. We tried a little bit of everything, shrimp, whole 2" bluegill, night crawlers, chicken livers...had a couple of bites on all of them, but no cats bigger than about 8".
    My fiancee caught the only keeper of the day. She got snagged and as I was trying to break it off, it came out of the brush with a 16" bass on it.

6. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    Went down below the dam at Shelbyville early this morning being as they opened up the gates. I had a few bites, but noting worth a darn. Tried nightcrawlers, and cut shad but didn't get anything worth keeping.

7. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Me and the wife went out yesterday tried liver... didn't get a bite.. went back out last nite with the boy... tried liver and shad.. still no bites... did get wet though..:crying:

8. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    flying pig go read what I wrote in the tournament section about yesterdays alton tournament , it was great:)

9. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    I havn't been out yet but the reports here on the Rock River are not good for Cats but they are doing well on Crappie! Only good spot for Cats is waiding out at the lower dam, Sterling-Rock Falls

10. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    got a few bites today but no takers.

11. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    The lake I fish is flooded. If it was 30 days or so later, I believe the catfishing would be great. But, I haven't caught much except bullheads. I have seen some water temperatutes close to 50 degrees, so it will get better soon.
    The crappie fishing isn't doing much either.

12. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    The wife and I went out Saturday on the Illinois in Ottawa. Had a few good bites, but all I caught was rocks. It was one of those lose your tackle days. Shad was hard to find too. While casting the cast net under the Rt. 23 bridge I caught a 12 speed wheel...... Ho-boy!!! It was nice getting out though.

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    7 hours saturday, 3 hours sunday, not a single bite. full moon no bites.

Danny

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Rivers up... temperature is down again... go figure.. i don't think good fishing weather is ever going to get here... i must be getting impatient huh:crying: :eek: :crying:

15. 3dukmn

3dukmn New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I wouldn't blame the weather. Boats in Alton were weighing in hundreds of pounds of cats.

16. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yeah, I heard about Alton Saturday... I was fishing the chain of rocks 5 miles south of there saturday... all day and half the nite... from the bank and didn't get one lousy bite..:crying:

17. catfishcrazee

catfishcrazee Member

State:
    illinois
    i fished the il river, at hardin on sunday, only caught a couple.

18. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I fished for about four hours today, beautiful out there. Caught one 6" largemouth and one 9 inch Flathead. This is a pond that the creek overflows into. Had to check it out twice before I believed it was a flat. Several other bites but no cigars. Loved every minute of it though.

19. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Went out today, Wed, 4-5-06, caught one little bass for bait, no other bites in about 5 hrs. Was a beautiful day though so was great. Just fished a local pond.

20. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Went out about five tonight 4/7/06, buddy showed up bout 6:45. Fish were biting pretty good. We got about seven all together. 1 Chan cat about 3 lbs, 1 Drum about 3/4 lb, 3 bullheads about a lb each, then 3 Bluegills hand size. Just a might nippy out there though, gave up at nine tonight.