Anyone been in Harris lately

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BILLYP, Jan 17, 2007.

1. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Just wondering what the water was like in harris? I know last year it was ok fishing by that powerplant. Anyone been up there latley?

2. Riverfish3r

Riverfish3r New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I would have to say you are the first person I have heard of that is looking to catfish at Harris. I have never really thought of Harris having catfish....dumb thought on my part. I bet there are some nice ones in there with the warm water and abundant baitfish. I take it you go to NCSU? Sounds a bit like Lake Sutton that I have beenn reading about.

3. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    no i dont go to ncsu, i only go fishing up there when my buddy goes for crappie. I go for cats, and yes there are some good ones in there I saw one ol boy pull out a big ol channel, then he pulled out a bullhead that wsnt to bad of a size either.

4. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    aslo some big flatheads in harris......mack

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Harris isnt a warm water lake like Sutton.
    Water out of the lake is used for cooling, then the water is run through a series of pipelines designed to cool the water sufficiently until it is dumped into the Cape Fear.
    The other lake out there that you cant fish is there in case the dam on Harris were to fail. There would be enough water in the secondary lake to cool and shutdown the reactor without a meltdown.

The nuke plant down at Southport likewise dumps its cooling water several miles offshore in the ocean.