Anyone Been Fishing?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Branj796, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wondering what the reports are. I would love to see more guys leave us a report of what is being caught and where. I am a Lake Springfield Fisherman. I could start doing a weekly or so fishing report on the lake. I would like some others that fish quite a bit and know others who do to start a report on different bodies of water as well. It would be nice to take some local trips but I never know what the fishing is like so I stay here. I am sure we could all use a little more info. Let me know what yall think. Like I said me and some other local anglers would be glad to share reports where we fish.

2. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I have been fishing Coffeen quite a bit, but I have been having very little success. It's the time of year to start hitting the hot ditch, but even there it's been hit and miss for me.

3. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    We have been catching some nice fish on the warm water end of the lake drifting in the creek channels at lake springfield. Last night was one of the best fishing nights I has all year. We caught 18 fish over 5 pounds and 5 ten and up.

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    hopefully it wont be too cold en december when i come up. i plan to hit the water a bit if its not unbearable

5. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    I don't think anyone would complain about a regular fishing report on whatever lake you are fishing Jake. Since Big Muddy joined the Navy, no one is giving a regular report from Rend Lake. I wish I had the time to hit Rend more often and give a report.

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    if the weather stays the way its been up there we may have a report in december

7. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    I haven't been hitting big fish water as often this year. My budget has kept me close to the house. I have caught one flattie and one blue each weighing in at 25#s. Both came from Baldwin. I have not caught any flatheads from Coffeen since last February. I have been fishing Ramsey Lake and the Kaskaskia River mostly. The river fishing was from the bank around Wren bridge. I have caught some nice channels at both places.

8. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well hopefully it doesn't get too cold. I will let you know where and how we are catchin them as long as I am still fishing. I will rough it as long as I can. I am crazy but not freezing to death. We will just have to see how it goes. A whole lot can change between now and December. The water is cooling off bigtime already.