Anyone been fishing for catfish lately

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by fishnfool68, Jan 26, 2007.

1. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    Well just wondering if anyones been and having any luck?I had one trip to a heated dock with no cats caught.Had the stomach virus this week,but plan on getting my line wet soon.Are the cats hold up in the deep in the lakes or moved into the feeder creeks.When and where have they been seen this winter.I'm putting out a APB for Mr.Cat

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I picked the boy up a little early from school today to do some fishing. All this crap weather and no getting out has been driving me crazy. We attempted to put in above Hulah Lake on the Caney. The ramp was still covered in ice and the road that leads to the ramp was pretty steep and still covered in ice and snow. My two wheel drive truck took three attempts to get back up the hill. We went to Copan and both useable ramps were blocked by the corps because there was too much ice on those ramps also.:sad2: There's 1800 cfs running on the Navagation channel right now and should be good fishing the next day or so if you have a boat. My buddy was able to lanch his boat at 33 landing this evening....and should tear them up this weekend. The fish will either be real deep or look in the shallows on wind blown shores and points.

3. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    I'm not able to get on the water right now but if anyone has a boat and is near Chouteau Bend you might try the warm water outlet area of OGE south of the bridge.

For those not familiar it's just a few miles east of Chouteau. Just take 412 east from 69 and turn right at the last exit before the bridge. Dont forget to stop at the store there and pay your ramp fee. It's just a short run to the OGE plant. I haven't been there since before the water got up about three feet but there should be plenty of structure along the shore that is now flooded.

Best to Ya's

4. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Oops - the plant is north of the bridge!:crazy:

5. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I haven't been fishing in, it seems like forever? I think my rods are covered with cob webs now!

I haven't been the last few months, but I'm dying to get back out there.
    I don't know how the cats are doing, but I've heard the Crappie and Bass are doing pretty good around Bernice?

I'm off Monday and Tuesday and if it isn't too cold, I might try to make it out there?

If I make it, I'll let you know how I do?
    I don't have a boat, so I'll be bank fishing, but I should still be able to catch something, even if it is just bait?

Ken

6. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Hiya Jeff - it's a typical warm water outlet that usually holds shad. As with any fishing spot it can change from day to day. Not having been there since the water level came up it's hard to predict where the cats will be holding. I've done well anywhere from the outlet to the bridge downstream. It depends a lot on where the cats find the water temp they want.

Best of luck

Larry

7. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I have heard alot about that area by some old timers I used to work with.They fished it all the time and caught cats,crappie,and sand bass.I've never been there myself but ,I may just have to check it out this year.I'm wondering how Tdawgs/Pez fishing trip went.Wish I could have gone,hope they caught some cats.I'm feeling better tonight,just a little muscle soreness in my back,but I can eat again:big_smile: .Boy that stomach bug was awful.
    I guess its making its rounds,I know alot of people are catching it from thier kids.Well I caught something this week:tounge_out: