Anyobdy want to head out tomorrow??

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Dec 30, 2008.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Shoot me a pm if you are interested. I may be able to wrangle up a trip.

2. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Day or night? I have to work till 5:00 but I might be able to pull it off after dark. Rather be on the river than out with all the drunks!

3. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Daytime for me. I doubt I would be able to get a kitchen pass at all in 2009 if I left her by herself on New Years.

4. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    I sent you a pm. I am interested, just need to know the details.

5. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I wish I wasn't at work today, Im pretty darn sure the SeaArk would be unwinterized and floating today. What a beautiful day!:wink:

6. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
  7. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Wow. I've posted an invite before and usually hear nothing but crickets, but today was a different story. I guess a lot of folks have cabin fever.

Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it), it took about 10 minutes to load the boat after I posted. Sorry about that Josh and Willie man.

Depending on how tomorrow goes, I suspect there could be a couple more trips in the next few weeks. I will send you guys a note first thing.

8. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    No problem, good luck out there tomorrow! Hopefully I can get on the next trip.

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I watched the weather this am. 60 degrees and a little windy. I need to go to the river. You big dummy you cant catch fish in high cold water. But I need to get out of this house and do something. Besides I need to know if I am healed up enough to do it. You are taking a chance doing this. That gas has been in the boat for a month. Ok. So long story short I fished for 4 hours after throwing for bait for an hour. Had 3 pecker bites. But I sure did enjoy running the river in 60 degree weather. I put in at St. Charles. Just a little wood coming down. Not enough to worry about. Water temp was 38

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Just wondering how the ice is, man they showed footage on channel 4 (I think it was) and the middle was clear but like 40 feet off each side was solid ice pack :crazy: Now I would have guessed there would be little to none floating down, been warm and all the rain should have taken care of that crap few days ago........ May have been channel 5 either way must have been old footage eh?????

11. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Driving across the Chain of Rocks bridge a few days ago, there was quite a bit of ice. Enough to keep my thoughts of fishing in check. Today on the other hand, there was very little if any floating down. I thought to myself it sure looked inviting. The water level is up for sure though. Didn't see any trash floating down.

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    That big rise has happened already. I notice the river level every day on the way home from work. Yesterday, the level was a good 10 ft over the weekends level.