Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
im going out tonight finally this house project and the divorce kept me away but the girlfriend said go get em so here i come ...........not sure yet where i am going to end up i had to sell my boat but there is a ton of bank and bridge spots to hit just have to throw a dart i guess i wonder how brian and damien are doing ????

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah me too. I'm a first generation fisherman and also learn as i go. Do you use chicken livers ? I have with some luck with them. the best luck i have had is cut bait and crawlers. I have hooked 2 good fish with live suckers 6-8 inch. Do you think the fish will turn on now after the spawn or will they go dormant? thanks

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the input. Just wondering if i could get some fishing tips from "local" people also. I am a first generation fisherman. I have been at it about 2 years now and have average luck. I use cut, live suckers,chicken liver (fresh and old) and stink bait oh yeah crawlers. I do have a boat now and would like to try night fishing in a boat. I like to fish from la crosse to winona. Should i fish the shallows at night because the catfish are up feeding or still look for them in the holes? thanks in advance

· Registered
25 Posts
I would guess fishing the hole would work. I usually fish right on the drop off, that way you get the best of both worlds. I usually start with live bluegills and then switch a pole to cut bait when one starts getting slow or dead.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.