Anybody watch Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    He sure appears to have guts, stamina and a back of steel. Got a favorite episode?

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I love the show!!! Can't think right off hand of a fav episode but I like them all!!!
    Thanks for posting this Cheryl!!!:wink::big_smile:

Tried to Rep you but i'm out of juice...Sorry...I'll get you back!!!

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    The episode I saw the other night was on the Bering Sea, on a fishing boat. He was actually green from seasickness. I probably would be, too.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I saw that one too.
    The one with the attacking monkeys was a classic!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:
    It makes me laugh every time I see that one!:smile2:

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That's a real tough one... I own both DVD collections and watch them pretty regularly. I really am not even sure which is my favorite, but the catfish noodling was kind of fun. Naturally.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Brian,

I don't think I saw that one. I only started watching it in the last few months.

He sure has gotten into some heavy duty dirty jobs, though.

Have you ever sent in a recommendation for him?

Take care.
    Cheryl

7. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    The noodling one was great. We cant hate on Mike Rowe though,his was only twelve pounds.:smile2: I like pretty much all of the episodes. Its a great show to have on t.v. It a nice change from the "so called" reality t.v. Shows what real people do for a livin and what really keeps America tickin. They couldnt have picked a better host.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Kyle

I agree, he's a great host and it is definitely better than any reality show on TV. He has a pretty extensive background in TV and narration. He makes the show entertaining.

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm outta pixie dust, for today, but I'll return tomorrow, when the supply is refilled.

Take care.
    Cheryl

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I just saw the one where he was building & tearing down the wooden water towers on top of a building in New York....
    Btw, he's the one narrating the show( Deadliest Catch) on the discovery channel about the crab fishermen on the bering sea, love that show...

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've watch it a few times cant remember name of which shows but I think one I saw was about city sewers. Man, that was nasty. .
    i just dont watch much tv these days. maybe I should start . I do pay for cable. LOL

they should check out the folks who make chum and stink bait. Like Catfish Charlie. I bet that is a dirty job. LOL.

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Will, I saw a show about crab fishermen. WOW. Now that is a hard job.
    I thought it was a good show

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Wil,

I read that today about him narrating the show. Guess that's why he did a show about cod fishing while he was up there. He sure didn't like the parts of the fish and octopus he had cooked up for him. He was spitting them back out on a plate, thought I would throw up, too.

Take care.
    Cheryl

13. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The best or worse, the one that made my skin crawl, was when he was working with some exterminator getting roaches in this trailer. There were millions of them things, I could not stand that.

The one in the sewer with those rats was good to. Him making charcoal was good.

14. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Cheryl, I've been watching him for over a year now! I LOVE him!! I guess he will truly do anything. One of my favorites was snake wrangling with that woman; he kept getting bit, over & over!! Then had to sex the snake:eek:oooh:, and...make it regurgitate!! EEeeewwwww!
    And yes, he narrates Deadliest Catch, which is my favorite show; I try never to miss it. I think Buddy gets tired of it, because I'll even watch the reruns over & over again. He also does some Ford truck commercials; sometimes on Dirty Jobs, you'll see him make a comment about a "nice truck" someone may be driving! He's a hoot!!!

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I love the Deadliest Catch also!!! Thats a great show!!! I've seen all of them!!!:big_smile:

16. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey I watch dirty jobs he does some pretty crazy stuff he does some jobs that I would hate if I had to do them, I was watching one the other day where he was in a concrete barrel and had to break up the cocrete with a high powered drill.

17. deadweight_sinkersho

deadweight_sinkersho New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i like the one where mikes after snakes with tht girl and gets nailed like 6 times by one snake

18. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cheryl, we like that show and Mike makes it great.

I think the one we liked best was at the hog farm dealing in hauling and processing the restaurant slope. But all his shows are good. :smile2:

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages