Anybody wanna try a roadgame in the big 12 south?

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by jlingle, Nov 2, 2008.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Good gosh..... 4 out of the top 8 teams in this weeks polls are from the big 12 south. Now that's a stacked conference!!! OSU and Tech play next Saturday, OU and Tech are still to play, and OU and OSU still haven't played each other yet. What is sad, is there will be voters out there who don't have the guts to put a 2 or 3 loss team where they deserve to be in the national rankings, when the big 12 teams are through cannibalizing each other.

There's always some jerk on tv, who instead of saying something like "Well Texas Tech is much better than people expected them to be"..... they instead choose the low road and say something to the effect of "Well, Texas just isn't the team we thought they were" after tech beats Texas. Why is that? Everybody thinks the two teams are both fantastic until they play each other, and then suddenly one of them has to lose & these jerks on tv want to talk about how the teams aren't as good, now that one of them has a loss? Sheesh...

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It is simply because ignorant people get paid to run their mouths. They are the experts, who are seldom right. LOL

3. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    The Big 12 South has something going for them. There are some awesome teams there. I have always been a Big 12 fan. I just hope someone gets the recognition that they deserve. In my opinon Tech is a better team that played their a**es off. Tech deserves it. That game showed who wanted it more and it stood out. We will have to see how it all plays out.