Anybody wanna fish Saturday am?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by jlingle, Apr 27, 2007.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I have to go be an usher in a wedding (man, I hate weddings) tomorrow evening in OKC, so I was wondering if anybody wants to go fishing in the mroning up around OKC. I'll be up there anyway, might as well fish. I don't care where we go or how we go about it. I won't be bringing a boat, but I can bring gear. If anybody wants to hit it Saturday morning, let me know. I'd love to get out and do a little fishing this weekend, no sense in letting a silly wedding ruin a good day of fishing.:lol:

2. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    I would love to but I have to work all weekend. :(
    Maybe next time you come into town.
    I have heard the Crappie are doing well at T-bird.
    A good catfish area on the NW side of town is at Overholser where the North Canadian comes in. I believe it is the 10th st. bridge. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to throw a net at Overholser or in the river there. The city cops WILL fine you.
    There is a bait shop at 10th and County Line road. It is across the street from 7-11. There is also a fishing dock on the west (I think) side. You can drive all around the lake so there is minimal hiking. It is pretty shallow lake but it has some nice fish. You can catch just about anything there from perch to hybrids and flatheads also.
    I hope this helps a little bit. I'm not sure where in town you will be but I think you would enjoy fishing there and it is fairly centrally located. If you have any questions I will try to help if I can. I will check this thread later tonight.

Good Luck!!!
    Dave