Anybody used the Burris B-Plex scopes?

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by jlingle, Aug 4, 2007.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I've got a buddy who is in Kuwait, and he wants me to have a new scope on his .243 when he gets back, so he can go straight to the woods. He's due back from the sand just before rifle season here in Oklahoma. Anyway, I've been looking at the Burris ballistic plex scopes.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Any advice, recommendations, or reports on them would be very much appreciated.:roll_eyes:

2. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Wow Jerrod, I'd be careful. Yer buddy may be "spoiled"....the military is spending more on the optics than the rifles. I'd let him pick one out if he's got internet access, an have him set to go. He might want one that costs more than the rifle. LOL

3. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    I've only known one person that ownd a Burris scope and he compared it to Leupold's quality.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Being a po' boy myself I have really been impressed with the quality of Tasco they put out a nice line of quality ,and affordable optics ,I have had a w/c 3x9x40 on my 243 for 30 years and it still shoots less than 1/2" groups ,ps I've never re zeroed it since the first time either.

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Everything I've seen from Burris is on par with leupold and nikon. Go with it, I think he'll be impressed!

6. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Jerrod, the last couple of scopes I've bought were ordered from Natchez Shooter's Supply. Those guys have always been very candid with me about the stuff they sell, and willing to spend some time with me helping me make a decision. You might give them a call.

7. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I've got a Burris B-Plex scope, 3 X 9 X 40, on a Ruger 30/06, My son in law has one just like it on a Tikka .270. They are great, work just as advertised. I've had real good luck with Burris scopes, got a 1 3/4 X 5 Burris that I bought in 1975 and it's as good today as ever, it spent 30 years on my 30/06, when I put the 3 X 9 on the 06 in moved the 1 3/4 X 5 to my muzzle loader. You can find Burris 3 X 9 X 40 scopes on E-bay, new, for $160 up with BUY IT NOW, might get one even cheaper on the ones being bid on. I just bought a new Zeiss Conquest 3 X 9 X 40 there for $360 (shipping and all) for a new Tikka T3 25/06 my kids got me for Father's Day, was look'n for another Burris, but always wanted a Zeiss and when I saw this one I put a max bid on it that with shipping would have been $375, never thought I'd get it at that price but sometimes it works.