Anybody use wheaty balls.

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Junior42, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I have always took wheaty cearal and made something like a dough ball but a wheaty ball. I have always had good luck. Just wated to know if any one else uses em'

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Yes, I've used Wheaties in many recipes. Of course there is always the classic Wheaties/Strawberry Soda bait. I like making my own homemade concoctions - some good, some not.

3. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Thats my #1 go to bait its cheap and can be made right on the river.Just grab a handful and dip it in the river. :)

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    good Carp bait ,plus if you get hungry you can eat the bait.

5. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i love to carp fish. and over the years. i have tried all kinds of baits. i think i started liking carp fish . mainly due to bait being so cheap and easy to make . that and there size and how easily they can be caught . and i have found for me . that no other corn flake or cereal works . it has to be wheaties . you may catch one here or there on the other cereal . or heck all the time. but for me nothing else can hold a candel to wheaties. my uncle fishing wheaties and garlic powder for channels. he thinks its all you need . and he does farily well. but for carp i think i have tried it all. and the very most effective bait for me . is wheaties and crushed pineapple . in heavy suryp. i buy dole i think . i use the juice and pineapple to make the dough ball. i will put left over back in with pineapple . to keep it from driing up. and of course i work it together in my hands . i will tell you what . i have maid dough balls like this . that has landed multiple fish. on one piece. they settel on your hook and it gets like glue sometimes. its hard to get off. well i also use a small trebble hook. and use just enough to cover the hook . landed many 20 plus pound carp this way. i will never fish for carp any other way. if theres carp . they will eat it . it never fails for me . hope it does the same for some one else . mike

6. bigcarp

bigcarp New Member

State:
    england
    what are wheaties sounds like something i should try

7. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I use wheaties all the time ,but I add my own little secret stuff to them and let them set over night and man it kills them. It also works on catfish. My daughter caught her personel best 10lber on it.

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I've used Wheaties in many recipes :006:

9. NightSlayer

NightSlayer New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Wheaties is a brand of ceral in a orange box.

10. ittybittykitty

ittybittykitty New Member

State:
    Belleville Michigan
    I have had good results with Wheaties and vanilla as the liquid.

11. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i havent used them but i heard they work good

12. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have used wheates mixed with vanilla extact. Mix it right at the bank. We have a large lake here at Va. Beach I used to take the kids to when they were young and boy you should see their faces with their rods bowed over with carp up to 20lbs. You have to watch their rods though, have lost a few while they were learning. Once we lost a rod only to catch the rod a little later and still landing a 10lb carp on the lost rod...it was great. Just mix the Wheaties with a little water and some Vanilla extract pack it hard on small gold hooks and heave it out softly. Place the rod on a stick or holder and watch the line when it straightens out pick it up and set the hook and the battle is on. Have had the big carp come up to the shallows and roll breaking the line. Hope this helps.

13. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    I have been using wheaties and strawberry pop ever since wheaties came out. (about 40 years ). Never found anything better. I also catch a few channel cats on them too. Allen

14. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    havent used them since I was a young pup LOL

15. sarg

sarg New Member

State:
    Texas
    I HAVE USED WHEATIES FOR YEARS, BUT USE ANISE OIL NOW SEEMS TO WORK BETTER THAN STRABERRY SODA

ALL GAVE SOME AND SOME GAVE ALL

16. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Thanks for the tip bro!

17. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Thanks for the tip!

18. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    When I was young my uncle used to use wheaties but at the time I didn't know what type of fish that he was catchin'... He used to use Big Red though not strawberry soda. So do you use a weight or do you let the bait be a weight?

19. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I add a couple of split shots up the line about 12-14 inches. Looking forward to starting my grand-kids on this. Like to see them with a big fish on.

20. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Wheaty balls are always a good choice. Andyou can catch some big ol cats on them to. Does anyone mix creamed corn in their wheaty balls?