ANYBODY USE PFLUEGER SPINNING REELS?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by coltsfan, May 24, 2009.

1. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    JUST WONDERING IF YOU LIKED THEM OR NOT.

2. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I HAVE NOT USED THEM YET BUT I HAVE HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT THEM.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i love my pflueger contender baitcasters immagine the spinning version would have the same quality.d@m good stuff would like to see more pflueger posts and less abus i get so sick of that being all anyone ever talks about:embarassed:

4. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    I WAS LOOKING AT A PFLUEGER PRESIDENT MODEL 6760. HOLDS 230 YARDS OF 17 POUND LINE FOR 65 BUCKS.

5. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I use a pflueger spinning reel for my bait pole. I love it I have caught fish up to 7lbs or so with it don't target big fish with it.

Couple of days ago I caught 7 wipers 3-5lbs with it and it worked perfect.

IMO A bigger version of my reel would be great if I was not a baitcaster then I would buy a bigger model and use it.

6. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i come across a phlueger president model 6730 combo for 59 bucks.the reel itself goes for that.used it today and love it.very smooth reel.its not a cat pole but needed a new bait catcher anyways.now i need to get the bigger model for the cats

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Don't know where you get a president that cheap. I have several for bass fishing and they cost well over 100.00 for the reel.

I use the pfluger Trion 66 model baitcaster for cats. I't the one with a clicker.

I have used the spinners before and the quality is there. Pfluger makes top shelf stuff.

Danny

8. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    bass pro has just the reel for 59 bucks .got mine at sports authority in columbus

9. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    mine is the spinner not baitcaster

10. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    BEEN USING MY PHLUEGER COMBO FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS NOW AND GOTTA SAY I LIKE IT.WILL DEFINATELY BE GETTING A BIGGER MODEL FOR THE CATS

11. Madtownangler

Madtownangler New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I have two..the Trion GX-7 and the President 6740. The reels are just fine. The new handle design is junk. You have to screw the handle into the body to tighten it instead of a shaft that runs through the reel. It may be fine if you only fish from a boat. If you bump the handle the wrong way, it loosens up and may turn a little and fall off when you are walking around. This is why I have to swap one handle between these two reels. I lost one off a Cabelas Saltstriker reel also. I got lucky on that one and someone saw it fall off and ran after me to give it back. I'm waiting to find a used Pflueger and will Lock-Tite the threads this time.

12. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Call the company, I believe they will send you what you need free of charge.

Danny

13. p302stang

p302stang New Member

State:
    il
    I needed a new ultra light setup for panfish bought a phlueger spinning reel and i have been verry happy with it verry smooth casting and on the retrieve. matter of fact just landed a nice 7 plus lb bass on it fishing for crappie this past saturday on 4lb line the drag works real nice too.

14. T Man

T Man New Member

State:
    Grenada MS
    I have several pflurger spinning reels all are high end am crazy about them
    I use the Medalist supreme and president all are great they have replaced my shimanos another thing Factory service is great lost a screw on one they sent me a new reel

15. cathunter47

cathunter47 New Member

State:
    wy
    I have a president 6730. Nice reel,very smooth, but don't use it for cats.

16. Promaxx

Promaxx New Member

State:
    maryland
    having a direct screw in handle is stronger and will last longer BTW if u use loktight make sure u use blue in case u need to repair /service it the red is like a weld

17. SW Hunter

SW Hunter New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I use only Pflueger I love them. I like the President or Trion series. Ive used all sizes and had good luck with both. I use them for everything. The President is my favorite. I use Powerpro on them and it works great on them both. I hope this helps.