Anybody use or have...Van Staal Spinning Reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by buddah, Sep 19, 2006.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
  2. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thats alot they would have to cast and real by there self for that price.

3. Amigo108

Amigo108 New Member

State:
    Columbia, Maryland
    first, their logo should be changed from an "S" with a "V" overlap to just a dollar sign! LOL.

Second, I'm not familiar with these newer models but had heard that the drag was the same as a Penn and didn't work that well with the reel for the price. This may have been upgraded.

Third, I'd like to see a rounder/more ergonomic handle

Fourth, the reels are supposedly very bare bones but very well made. No frills, just a solid reel.

Third, the sealed design must be great for keeping salt and junk out of the innards. Supposedly, you could fish this reel underwater (not that ou would want to) with no ill effects.

Fifth, no spinning reel in the world is worth that much to me, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who love these reels and think that for the level of craftmanship they get, it is a bargain.

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Shimano builds some very expensive spinning reel that, if spending that kind of money, I would buy first. Its sorta like a Cadillac Escalade vs the GM equivalent. You can get most of the same stuff in the equivalent, just not the logo and name, for a whole bunch less.