anybody use blacklights?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by coltsfan, Jun 4, 2009.

1. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    just wondering what line you use.will it light up berkley big game?

2. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio

3. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    i use power pro for the most part but it kind of depends on what pole I am using.Some people use the heaviest line possible but I think that a 30 lb power pro is a pretty good choice. what length pole you using and what kind of reel

4. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    to try and answer your question yes i believe it will light it up but i konw any mono line will probably be the best for showing up under light

5. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    Iv had one of thoes black lights before and was'nt to happy with it, I tried the recomended floresent line and it worked real good for up close tieing knots, but anything more than 2-3 feet away from the light it was useless:roll_eyes:

6. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Mono glows well however i have come to prefer colored LED lights easier to see with blue or red or green, they still dont attract bugs much and cast much more light

7. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    7 foot ugly stick(white)-quantum spinning reel with 25pd berkley big game(green)

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

A black light will make that line glow real good. I use the BG Hi-Test in Electric Green and it glows good also. I've used the regular BG Solar Collector before and it glows good. I need to get another black light. It makes a difference.

9. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i will agree with john, the solar collector is probably best .